Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Adobe Acroat 8 Pro & Windows 7 (64-bit)

Oct 11, 2011 11:51 AM

I have gotten a new computer that is running Win7 64-bit. I have a copy of Adobe Acrobat 8 Pro that I'm trying to get to work on the new system. During the install process, it brought up an error asking for the Windows Vista adobepdf.dll file. Since I also have a computer that is running Vista, I was able to locate the file needed to finish the install. However, when I try to PDF a website for example, it shows an error in the task manager (down by the clock). When I check the properties of the Adobe PDF printer, it shows the port as being "LPT1".

I have contacted Adobe via the online chat, but was directed to the website www.adobe.com/support. There, I wasn't able to find anything.

I guess the first question to ask is ... Is Windows 7 64bit & Adobe 8 Pro compatible? If so, what am I doing wrong? If not, that answers the whole issue right there. When I asked the Adobe chat rep, all they said about the compatibility, is that it wasn't tested on Win7, so they don't know.

I've tried to do the install a couple of times/ways. The first time I did the install, I clicked on cancel when it asked for the Vista AdobePDF.dll file. I got the same results as I did when I found the file.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Replies

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points