• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SWF and XML for Command line compiling for iOS

Participant ,
Oct 12, 2011 Oct 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to compile an application for iOS using command line ADT. I need to pass the SWF and XML to the ADT command. But which ones do I need to pass as the ones available are in the debug folder and I don't think they are well optimized for mobile publishing. Also the XML has debug with id in it.

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I take it that you are using Flash Builder. If so, here's a little trick:

Open the Export release build dialog.

Click Next.

Click Cancel.

To prepare for packaging, Flash Builder compiles the SWF and app.xml and puts it in a folder called, bin-release-temp. When you cancel the export, the files are not cleaned up (they are only deleted when you complete the packaging through Flash Builder).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Yes, Flash Builder, by default, doesn’t save release swfs. A simpler way to get them however be to go to Project->Properties->Flex Compiler and set

‘-debug=false’ in compiler arguments.

Now the swf generated in bin-debug will be a release swf.

Please let us know in case you face any issues.

Thanks,

Amish.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Oct 13, 2011 Oct 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure that's really simpler. For one thing, it still gives you the .debug on the end of the application ID, which is undesireable in a release build.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes your are correct. The application id has .debug at the end. However the swf has no debug information in it.

You can to export a release version of your application to get the release swf.

You can find more information at:

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/flashbuilder/using/WSe4e4b720da9dedb5-13a250c812e8e9b5533-7ff9.html

Thanks,

Amish.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Except that R Josh (is cool) can't follow those directions because he needs to create the package with ADT so he can add additional parameters that Flash Builder packaging doesn't support yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry Joe but i couldnt get you completely.

I believe the project is in flash builder so once you have the release swf and app-xml, you can take them and package it through command line with additional parameters.

-Amish.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you follow the directions in the docs, Flash Builder creates the package and deletes the directory containing the release SWF and app descriptor. You have to cancel out of the process as I originally suggested above so that Flash Bulder doesn't get the chance to delete the files you need for manual packaging.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Joe Yes agreed.

@rjoshicool, Were you able to get it working?

-Amish.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 22, 2011 Oct 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry for the delay in reply. Yes, the way I now use it is that I select the export release build option and once the temp folder has required files, cancel the process and use these files to compile from command line. Its strange that there isn't an option to get the release SWFs directly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines