Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Chromebook and Adobe Connect 8?

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2011 Oct 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Again -

I have a learner who just purchased 'ChromeBook' device and is trying to run connect off it.  He can hear the presentation and view shared apps just fine, but when he tries to talk into his microphone we get nothing.  The Audio Setup Wizard runs flawlessly for him - but once in the meeting room he is without a voice.

I researched some items called 'pepper flash' and other nuances regarding the device, but have not been able to crack the mystery.  Anybody with experience on this device?

I found this: http://http://www.connectusers.com/forums/cucbb/viewtopic.php?id=5591

and this:   https://groups.google.com/group/chromebook-central/browse_thread/thread/8959cac592778ee0  (the extension they are talking about only organizes the icons, basically makes a shortcut...but for a product that doesn't work on the machine!)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Oct 21, 2011 Oct 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Otto, I do not have one but I looked at the specs for the device.

Adobe Connect Hosts need to use the Adobe Connect Mobile App from the Android Market if they want to control the meeting. When they do that they need to install Adobe Air, Adobe Flash Player and Adobe Connect Mobile. All of those are located on the Android Market. I know the Chromebook uses the built in Adobe Flash Player in the browser so I know you can attend a meeting without the Adobe Connect Mobile client. However, if the host who created the meeting room chose to use the Speex audio codec for improved VOIP then you would need the Mobile client to handle that codec. If the host just chooses to use the standard audio options then you should be fine. I have no clue if the Chromebook can use Android Market apps.

I'm not that familiar with the device but we generally recommend Android smartphones and tablets, Rim Blackberry Playbook Tablet, and iOS iPhones/iTouch and iPad as the supported devices. Of course this device should work if the Flash Player is there (10.1 or higher...but some are saying 10.2 on this device works better).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2011 Oct 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Heyward - thank you sincerely for your reply.

I've e-mailed the user and am waiting on the exact model number/specs of the device.

This person/device in question is not a host - they are a participant in the sessions.  I should have mentioned that. They can log into the meeting fine and the visuals/host audio are coming through, but they are unable to speak during the meeting.  We haven't tried their webcam, but participants aren't using webcams in this implementation.

I'm baffled because when the gentleman runs the audio setup wizard it performs flawlessly.    The articles I posted above made it seem that the camera wouldn't work for whatever reason - and if the camera won't work then the mic not working is not a huge stretch - just need to make sure that I am not missing anything. 

I'm going to have to put a tech limitation statement on my requirments document saying 'not compatible with Chromebook devices', hopefully there aren't other devices that this affects. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines