Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Frame duplication during 2vuy (in .avi) import on Premiere CS4

Oct 20, 2011 7:20 PM

Tags: #avi #import #2vuy #aja #kona

Hello:

I am currently trying to import a complete Premiere CS4 (version 4.2.1) project on my laptop, Windows 7 - 64bit, which doesn't have an AJA Kona 3 card installed. The detailed file specification of the source file is given further below and had been created on a system with AJA's Kona card. The source files are in an AVI wrapper, in OpenDML, with 2vuy and had been created by the AJA Kona card on a different system.

The file gets imported into Premiere, and it displays the correct file length, here of about 56mn 24s. However, I can only access the first few seconds. If I drag the video file to the timeline, I realized that every frame is present for about 2 minutes and 40 seconds, which results in about 18 seconds of the original file length. To explain it in different words - I have the same frame at position 00:00:00, 00:00:01, 00:00:02 until 02:39:24.

The original files can be properly displayed within the windows media player, which utilizes a YCbCr Codec from Drastic Technology Inc. Therefore, I strongly believe that the source files aren't corrupted. What should I do now?

BR

Filmemacher

General

Complete name :

H:\PZ05\116_PZ05\pz05\Captured Video\main 03.avi

Format :

AVI

Format/Info :

Audio Video Interleave

Format profile :

OpenDML

File size :

1. 65.4 GiB

Duration :

56mn 24s

Overall bit rate :

166 Mbps

Video

ID :

Format :

2vuy

Codec ID :

2vuy

Duration :

56mn 24s

Bit rate :

2 539 Kbps

Width :

720 pixels

Height :

576 pixels

Display aspect ratio :

5:4

Frame rate :

1. 25.000 fps

Standard :

PAL

Bits/(Pixel*Frame) :

1. 0.245

Stream size :

1. 1.00 GiB (2%)

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 21, 2011 7:18 AM   in reply to Filmemacher

I believe you'll need the AJA hardware to work on this project.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 21, 2011 11:59 AM   in reply to Filmemacher

I am looking for a solution, which doesn't require the AJA hardware

I get that.  I just don't know if it's possible.

You could check with AJA, see what they say about it.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 28, 2013 2:27 PM   in reply to Filmemacher

Hello Filmemacher,

AJA has a QuickTime Codec out for the Format you need. The Codec is free and the File can be played/exported through QuickTime (Pro Version only). Another Solution is the Drastic Codec Suite that has all the AJA/Kona, DVS, Optibase Codecs plus the normal ones from Windows (IYUV, I420, UYVY, YUY2, YVYU) in one Codec. The download Link has been updated with the new Versions on the Drastic Website. The Drastic Codec works for AVI in Windows and MOV for QuickTime for encoding and decoding Films. I use them myself for a long Time now without any Problems.

Please note: There are some Links to old Versions of the Drastic/Optibase Codecs in the Internet, mainly in Eastern Countrys. Stay away from them because of many Virus alerts and unstable outdated Versions.

Best regards, Mickey

Here is the Link to Download the new Version 3.4 with Vista/7/8 64 Bit Support:

http://www.drastictech.com/download_codec.html‎

Other Platforms supported: Windows 9x/SE/ME/NT/2K/XP/Vista/7 (all 32 Bit)

QuickTime for Windows 4/5/6/7 and Later (32 Bit)

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points