Skip navigation
RyanWM
Currently Being Moderated

PGC error caused by subtitles

Oct 22, 2011 4:18 PM

Tags: #cs5 #error #encore #subtitles #pgc

I went to build a project and got the "PGC has an error at" error.  After re-encoding all the assets on the timeline and re-importing into Encore it built fine UNTIL i added the subtitles back into the mix.  I went to the time it said it had an error and just deleted the subtitle there and tried to output again, same error but different timecode.  If I delete the subtitle that occurs at each error it progresses BUT this isn't really a solution. I could deal with a couple deletions, not this many. 

Is there any actual fix to this issue?  Or suggestions (rebuild from scratch?)?  Very frustrating.

The timeline has 3 audio tracks (DD 2.0 192k), not sure if that is a contributing factor.

I'm using Encore 5.1 (CS5.5).

thanks

Ryan

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 22, 2011 8:33 PM   in reply to RyanWM

Please post the complete error message. Not all PGC errors are created equal!

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 25, 2011 1:35 PM   in reply to RyanWM

Sorry; the CS5 (and earlier) subtitle pgc errors I found on search were more specific pgc errors. I didn't see any leads that seemed promising.

Given your tests, yes, I'd keep looking at how the two m2v's are different. Mediainfo; gspot?

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 25, 2011 1:45 PM   in reply to Stan Jones

I even brought an AVI file I created using HD2SD from the original HD source mov, into Encore and let encore do the encoding.  Same issue.  So at least two totally different routes to get to the m2v, plus a 3rd which is a combination of those two.  I also tried messing with the actual subtitles, formatted them a bit different, didn't make a difference.   I don't get it.  Does Adobe ever address these PGC errors?  Is it worth contacting them?

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 25, 2011 1:54 PM   in reply to Rymvd

Does Adobe ever address these PGC errors?  Is it worth contacting them?

The problem with the generic version of the pgc error is that they are often hard to reproduce. What is the "bug"?

But, yes, I would file a bug report with what you have.

I would probably troubleshoot it a bit more first. For example, if you take a shorter version, bring it into Encore untranscoded, add subtitles, etc. What is the minimum you can do to demonstrate the error.

I'd offer to test it, but a big hard when the apparent common denominator is the video file.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 28, 2011 12:09 AM   in reply to RyanWM

Hi,

Humm maybe try to desactivate XMP in AME.

Choose a different location to export your video.mov not in the same than your Encore DVD Folder.

And choose m2v/mpa CBR.

Just create a menu with one button (no audio track, no subtitle, nothing else)

It worked for me...

Tell us ?

Steph

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 28, 2011 6:44 AM   in reply to RyanWM

And with procoder 3.0 to transcode you video.mov if it's possible.

Or with AE to transcode to DV AVI

and DV AVI to m2v.

?

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 30, 2011 1:26 PM   in reply to RyanWM

10min works...

try to do 15min...20min to see where does it bug.

In the worst you cut a piece of video.

If it's just some secondes that bug your all video.

It's better than nothing.

@+

Steph

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 13, 2012 8:44 PM   in reply to gregstephen

I was in here and thought about this posting.   For the record, my solution was to use DVD Studio Pro.  There was no solution found to make it work in Encore.  I now pretty much use DSP for DVD and Encore for bluray.  I was on the forums researching yet another Encore error, luckily this time it was an easy fix.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 14, 2012 3:50 PM   in reply to RyanWM

Chiming in to say I am having this exact same error. After adding subtitles to my project, I encountered the same PGC error upon trying to build. I've reconstructed the project twice now and only encounter this once I add the subs, which is unfortunate, because there is a large foreign audience for our project.

Screen shot 2012-02-14 at 6.47.33 PM.png

Strangely, this doesn't occur when 'building subtitles', it happens when it's 'preparing audio'. But I've tried removing the audio as well and it still happens. Once I add the subtitles, this error begins, so that must be the culprit for some reason. Is my only solution really to switch to DVD Studio Pro?

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 12, 2012 10:23 AM   in reply to RyanWM

Hi, What I did was create a new project, create the timeline with 16:9 aspect and next step import the subtitles.

Then import my video and it works for me.

I think that the problem is the timeline properties that the video insert at importing it. So I just import the subtitles before the video.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points