Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Where can I find the serial number on my Adobe product box?

May 10, 2013 4:01 PM

You can usually locate the serial number on the back of the CD or DVD case.  If you have an envelope for your software then it may be located on the envelope instead. 

For more help locating your serial number, see Find a serial number, or try this focused search.

Branched to a new discussion.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 1, 2011 9:43 AM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

i do nothave my cd

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 11, 2011 9:45 PM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

Jeff why does it say my serial number is invalid when i enter it?? I paid good money for this... why cant i download it to more than one computer???

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 12, 2011 12:00 PM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

Thank you for your help Jeff. i figured out the problem to the invalid serial number. turns out i some how installed Premier elements 9 while i was installing photoshop elements 9 to the desktop.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 22, 2012 1:22 PM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

having the same problem serial number i cannot find  also but after reading the comments i think i installed it wrong should i uninstall and try again????

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 19, 2012 10:36 PM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

im not sure it seems like i have the product but its in a trial mode i bought the download a few days ago but not sure where the serial number is

never done this before but am confused not trying to lose money ive tried to uninstall it but it wont because of adobe bridge any sugguestions on what i may be doing wrong or if i did i  install it wrong plz thx

[private data removed]

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 19, 2012 10:36 PM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

it wasnt in my email all i recieved was the link to the download and my order id ive also been on the support sights but no luck

[private data removed]

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 19, 2012 10:37 PM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

thank you for your time and help this has helped me alot

[private data removed]

|
    Mark as:
    May 10, 2012 9:39 PM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

Hi Jeff,

I bought photoshop (student & teacher adition) 4 weeks ago, i regestered following all the steps only line 3 weeks ago. I was told i would recieve an emial with the serial number. I have not recieved this email, is there a possibility of resending it or doing it a different way?

|
    Mark as:
    May 16, 2012 1:08 PM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

All my paperwork is at Case #0208242599

“Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.”

|
    Mark as:
    May 24, 2012 3:37 PM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

I just received my complimentary CS6 upgrades DVDs, but a serial number wasn't provided. My CS5.5 serial number doesn't work, and my account does not show CS6, so I can not access the serial number I need to install the CS6 upgrade. I spoke with someone at Adobe support, and they said I will receive an email in a few days with the serial number. Why isn't the serial number issued with the item when shipped? I have never had to wait to get a serial number for past upgrades since CS1, and Adobe products prior. Waiting for a serial number after I recieve the product makes no sense at all.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 15, 2013 2:11 PM   in reply to davidp158

Adobe have screwed up. They've sent out some/all CS6 upgrades from CS5.5 WITHOUT serial numbers or anything to indicate what to do.

You'd imagine that with a record of everyone who's got an upgrade (CS6 from CS5.5) they'd email these customers ASSAP to apologise and let their customers now that they were ' on the problem ' ?

|
    Mark as:
    May 25, 2012 11:30 AM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

Jeff - Thanks for the reply.

The good news is that I received my CS6 serial number via email. The planets are in alignment and life is good.

The bad news is that Adobe's system for dealing with these upgrades is a bit flawed. Not providing serial numbers on upgrade discs doesn't make any sense, and obviously causes unnecessary frustration for geeks like me anxious to play with their new toy. I'll cut the support people some slack, during what must be a very busy time for them. However, all but one of the people I spoke to had the information correct, regarding how to place an order for the upgrade, and how to get the serial number. The on-line chat people have failed me consistently, and not an effective alternative to phone support.

Here's a transcript of an on-line chat (email, customer # and order # removed) that took over 35 minutes, with nothing resolved. The lack of attention to details is pathetic.

Subject: Transcript of your chat

Please visit http://www.adobe.com/support/contact if there are more questions for Adobe. Thank you.

General Info

Chat start time

May 24, 2012 6:42:31 PM EST

Chat end time

May 24, 2012 7:18:10 PM EST

Duration (actual chatting time)

00:35:39

Operator

Deepak G

Chat Transcript

info: Thank you for choosing Adobe. A representative will be with you shortly.  Your estimated wait time is 0 minute(s) and 48 second(s) or longer as there are 1 customer(s) in line ahead of you.

info: You are now chatting with Deepak G.

Deepak G: Hello! Welcome to Adobe Customer Service.

Deepak G: Hi David.

Deepak G: May I know where was the software purchased from?

David: Directly from Adobe. I upgraded to CS5.5 last month, and this is regarding the complimentary upgrade to CS6.

Deepak G: Thank you for the information.

Deepak G: Please click on this link for more information. 

Deepak G: Did you get the link?

David: I don't need to order the upgrade, as I have already received it. I want to install the upgrade, but it did not come with a serial number.

Deepak G: Let me check on this.

Deepak G: May I know where was the software purchased from?

David: As I stated earlier, I purchased directly from Adobe.

Deepak G: Thank you for the information.

Deepak G: Please allow me 2-3 minutes while I check the information for you.

Deepak G: Thank you for staying online.

Deepak G: Have you opened the box?

David: Yes.

Deepak G: May I know for which Adobe software you are looking for the serial number?

David: I am trying to upgrade my CS5.5 to CS6.

Deepak G: Okay.

Deepak G: Are we still connected?

David: Yes.

Deepak G: Is there anything else I can help you with?

David: You haven't helped yet me with what I contacted you about....

Deepak G: May I know If you have opened the CS  6 box?

David: Yes, I have opened the box.

Deepak G: For the boxed product the serial number will be on the reverse side of the CD-ROM/DVD-ROM disc case or on a sticker on the CD/DVD sleeve.

David: As stated earlier, this did not come with a serial number.

Deepak G: On the reverse side of the box if you have shipped the box to you and the serial number is a 24-digit long number.

David: I have already stated TWICE that a serial number was NOT included. This discussion is going nowhere and taking up too much time. I will deal with this later.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 24, 2012 5:20 AM   in reply to davidp158

God help me in that case as I spent an hour on the phone to Adobe on Friday to no avail as I too have no serial number.   Couldn't face it on Monday.  I am now about to try again... why can't we have an a call centre with people who understand what we say????

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 29, 2012 1:02 PM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

I purchased my Photoshop Elements 9 with my HP computer.  I recently had to return to factory settings because of a virus.  I want to reinstall my Photoshop- but I can't find my serial number.  Is there a way to get a new one??

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 22, 2014 8:42 AM   in reply to allgoodnamesaregone

Hi there,

I use the trial version of CS6 to start with and purchase the full version. so I activate on top of the trial. Then I lost my licence key.

I am chaning to a new PC and so I need to deactivate then reactivate. I run a software on my old machine and try to pick up the licence key and it only picked up the trail version one.

is that anyway I can get the full version licence key back please?

The version is CS6 standard.

many thanks,

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 11, 2014 1:07 PM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

I located my serial on my mac computer (not sure if it's same for PC). I have Adobe CS 5.5.

Go to HELP > SYSTEM INFO in photoshop or illustrator.

In photoshop, it's about 30 lines down, blended in with a bunch of information, but will say "serial:xxx".

In Illustrator, scroll down and you will see some line breaks and it will say "serial:xxx"

Hope this helps.

DH

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points