Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

TB Script Error, Permissions

Oct 25, 2011 3:12 AM

When starting the Tutorial Builder, it asks me if I want to save the image as my original, and I say yes. I get this error:

TB.jpg

All my permissions are set to my ownership. Photoshop CS is set to CREATOR OWNER, with Special Permissions, and can't be changed. I've clicked ok on this alert, then clicked the done button, getting another alert/permissions error for the "after" copy. I've made a new TBResults folder on my desktop. Nothing's working. I'm running Windows 7, 64 bit.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 25, 2011 6:00 AM   in reply to Landailyn

You (or the group you are in) need to have write permissions for "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS5\Plug-ins\Panels" respectively "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS5 (64 Bit)\Plug-ins\Panels" because in there the before/after PNGs are temporarily stored.

It seems that local users of the computer per default only have read access to the panel folders. Since I am in the local admin group which has r/w access, I hadn'nt any probs with that.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 25, 2011 11:32 AM   in reply to Landailyn

this apparently needs to user/write permission specifically. Thank you!

You'r welcome.

As I wrote in another thread, the panel folders are obviously the wrong place to store temp-files

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 25, 2011 5:18 PM   in reply to Landailyn

Hi folks.

You will (hopefully!) be happy to hear that we're about to release an update to Tutorial Builder that seems to fix the issues which the temp files.  As has been suggested on this forum, we're now storing files in a more appropriate temp location that no longer requires Windows users to "Run as adminstrator" when opening Photoshop.  Also, we're releasing a Tutorial Player AIR application that supports the interactive capabilities of the Tutorial Builder HTML tutorials and lets the user drive Photoshop by clicking on the "Show me in Photoshop" links. 

If all goes well, the update should be live in the next couple of days, so stay tuned!

w

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 22, 2011 8:53 AM   in reply to wil_li

I have this same problem, but on a Mac. I'd really like to use this on a non-Admin account. I use Mac OSX 10.6.8 with Photoshop CS5 12.0.4 x32

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 23, 2011 8:25 AM   in reply to ericb007man

Hi Eric,

This problem should be resolved in the latest version of Tutorial Builder. Are you using the most recent version?

Thanks!

Mira

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 23, 2011 8:52 AM   in reply to Mira D

Oh yes, I downloaded it from Adobe Labs yesterday.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 28, 2011 9:40 PM   in reply to Mira D

Downloaded latest version and am getting this problem too.

I wonder if the download file tutorialbuilder_p2_102711.zxp contains the old extension. When installed via the Adobe Extension Manager, the version number 1.0.0 is shown .

John

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points