Skip navigation
user45213
Currently Being Moderated

InDesignServer CS5.5 swf and indd workflow

Oct 26, 2011 12:04 PM

Tags: #flex #server #export #swf #indesign_server

Hi,

I'm building a simple WYSIWYG editor for InDesign templates with limited editorial functionalities (font size, font color, text alignment etc.). I was thinking about a Flex application as a front-end (as I know that InDesignServer can export *.indd templates as SWFs that could be easly uploaded at runtime). My question is what should happen next? I don't see a possibility to import back the edited SWFs to InDesignServer for PDF or XML export. Does it mean that in order to achive this functionality I would have to develop a custom parser of SWFs with the ability to save them as zipped IDML files that could be imported by InDesignServer?

I'm actually inspired with this demo:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujshxYRKjBw

But I don't have a clue how they achived it, can someone point me to the right direction?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 8, 2011 2:17 AM   in reply to user45213

I am also having a very similar kind of requirement! If you have accomplished your requirement then I would please request you to share the fundamentals of implementing this requirement!

From your post I at the least realized that *.indd can be converted to SWF via InDesign server!

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 9, 2012 9:17 AM   in reply to user45213

I think I have an INDD web editor solution for you both.   Please contact me at paul.murphy@us.xmpie.com

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points