• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't reinstall RoboHelp Server

Explorer ,
Oct 27, 2011 Oct 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really!!???!? 86 views and nobody has any idea why the RoboHelp Server is a Cylon?!?!?!

This is all I'm seeing:

cylon.png

Forever.

I can reboot, reinstall everything, curse, pray, cycle power, and nothing changes this behavior. Whether I'm on Server 2003, Server 2008, it still does it.

Anyone?

==========================================================================

Original cry for help:

==========================================================================

This is the strangest thing. Our RoboHelp server has been working fine for over a month. Suddenly, it stopped accepting new publish attempts: RoboHelp reported that publishing occurred, but the new content never appeared on the server.

After trying a great deal of troubleshooting, we decided to just reinstall RoboServer. Doing so fails consistently now.

Here's what we're doing:

1. Create a Windows 2008 R2 64-bin server
  2. Install JRE 6u23
  3. Set the Environment variable JAVA_HOME to c:\Program Files (x86)\jre6
  4. Install Apache TomCat v6.0.14
  5. Set the Java properties to
    1. Initial memory pool: 256MB
    2. Maximum memory pool : 256MB
    3. Thread stack size: 256KB
  6. Install RoboHelp Server
    1. Enter license key
    2. When the RoboHelp configuration manager starts up, exit.
  7. Browse to http://localhost:8080  (OK at this point)
  8. Browse to http://localhost:8080/robohelp  (still OK at this point)
  9. Browse to http://localhost:8080/robohelp/admin  (and _still_ OK at this point)
    1. log in with admin/admin
    2. everything seems to be OK, until I click on "Projects" on the left hand side.
    3. It says something about "refreshing projects, try again in a few minutes"
    4. After clicking OK, it says "Contacting RoboHelp Server" with the bouncing blue dot, and that's where it stays, forever.
  10. Publishing attempts will, unsurprisingly, fail.

I'm pulling my hair out here.

Any thoughts?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 08, 2011 Nov 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you tell us what RHS version you are using? If you are on RHS9 the only supported DB combination (see the link below) is Microsoft Access which is not recommended in a production environment.

http://blogs.adobe.com/tcs/2011/03/robohelp-server/recommended-osdatabase-combinations-for-robohelp-...

The RoboColum(n)   @robocolumn   Colum McAndrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 08, 2011 Nov 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your response. We're running RoboHelp Server 9.

We've tried this on Server 2003 SP2 32-bit and Server 2008 R2 64-bit, both of which are reported to support Access, according to the table.

At this point, the ability to robustly support a production environment reliably is still only a distant dream because the install doesn't even yet support our internal testing. A fresh, clean install under either OS stated above results in the infinite "Contacting RoboHelp Server" whenever one clicks the Projects tab in Admin. And, of course, publishing fails.

The best we've done is gotten the system up once and had it stay that way for a few weeks, accepting publishing for our internal feasiblity testing, before it hiccupped and failed. It seems to work fine on a locally hosted VM for testing on a single workstation but as soon as the same environment is deployed elsewhere on the network and try to address it, it flakes out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp