Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Premiere Appcrash with Kernelbase.dll as faulty module still the problem

Oct 27, 2011 4:47 PM

Hi everyone,

After updating drivers related (Matrox, NVidia) to the problem and checking the hardware this problem persists:

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: Adobe Premiere Pro.exe

Application Version: 5.0.3.0

Application Timestamp: 4ce382d1

Fault Module Name: KERNELBASE.dll

Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.17651

Fault Module Timestamp: 4e21213c

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 000000000000cacd

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48

Locale ID: 1043

Additional Information 1: 30ea

Additional Information 2: 30ea564650b9f04e24c8d0b10bbe1000

Additional Information 3: 895c

Additional Information 4: 895c2477ff9dd3b158f6107ec9f936c4

What does kernelbase.dll do anyway? It seems to fail on particular Matrox HD clips, but only when I play them Premiere. It happens when I click the source window first and then the timeline and then start jogging or scrubbing in the timeline. It's the toggling between source and program in Premiere that triggers the appcrash for sure.

So what does Premiere actually do when you switch from source to program monitor in the application itself? I did notice on my HDMI connected video monitor that when switching like mentioned, the monitor loses input signal and is scanning again. So I guess this switching is more complicated for Premiere than one could think.

Any ideas yet? Nothing I tried really made a difference. I starting to panic a little now.

Specs: Windows 7 64 bit, Matrox MX02 LE, NVidia Quadro 4000, 24 GB RAM, 2,66 dual sixcore CPU, mirrored video and OS disks.

Using standard HD Matrox codec for Premiere.

Any help much appreciated.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 27, 2011 10:13 PM   in reply to Lewiz

Try without anything Matrox in the system. Does it still happen?

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 28, 2011 11:35 AM   in reply to Lewiz

I remember the RT.X100.  There were a lot of things to like, but for us the negatives outweighed the positives.  Hopefully the instability issues are less of a problem with Matrox newer products these days...  I agree, disconnect the Matrox and see if quality of life improves.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 28, 2011 11:58 AM   in reply to Lewiz

1: When you switch from source to program monitor, you are switching what is handling the Processing/Drawing on on the screen ie Player/API. The source monitor is just a player like Windows media player and does not include the MPE engine. You have to see what player you have set under preferences in that project to see what player is being used for processing at that time in the source windows.

2: The Program monitor is either using the Adobe Media Player with the MPE engine or the Matrox Player for Decoding and the Adobe Player for Processing with the MPE engine or the Matrox Player with the software engine. Likely what is happening is the Open GL code Matrox used for drawing or GUID is not working with the new Nvidia Open GL 4.2 update and Adobe's API. Atleast that is my guess at this point.

3: I would roll back the Nvidia driver and hope the Open GL code rolls back as well. That should likely fix this until Matrox gets a fix.

BTW by roll back, I mean completely uninstall the new driver and software and restart. Then Install the 280.26 driver.

Eric

ADK

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 30, 2011 5:21 AM   in reply to Lewiz

PR and AME CS5 are 64 bit, Encore and OnLocation are 32 bit, as are some other Adobe applications. Check the Adobe applications in Program Files (64 bit) versus Program Files (x86), which are 32 bit.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 31, 2011 7:37 AM   in reply to Lewiz

I apologize, I did not notice the Quadro card in your initial post. The version I gave you was for the Geforce cards and the Quadro's have a different version tree. The equivalent Quadro version to the driver I meant was 275.89. However they have a Quadro version that is not released yet on their standard downloads page which has the equivalent features on the latest Geforce. Download this and install after you uninstall all of the Quadro driver/software you currently have.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/quadro-tesla-win7-winvista-64bit-285.58-w hql-driver.html

Make sure you select the custom install and remove the Nvidia update from the install list if it's there. Try that and see if that helps. If not the try the 275.89 driver.

Eric

ADK

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 1, 2011 12:13 PM   in reply to Lewiz

Excellent and thank you for the heads up on the work around.

Eric

ADK

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 1, 2011 12:27 PM   in reply to Lewiz

BTW from what I understand, some of the I/O devices if not all use the default audio device for DSP. Likely that is what you are running into with the plugin and why that would cause a problem.

Eric

ADK

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points