Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

new version of Tutorial Builder and new Tutorial Player AIR app

Oct 27, 2011 11:23 PM

Hi all,

Tutorial Builder preview 2 (v1.0.1) is now available to download. Please update!

With this update, Windows users will no longer have to launch Photoshop using the “Run as administrator” option.

Also, check out Tutorial Player, a new Adobe AIR application that reads HTML tutorials generated by Tutorial Builder and drives Photoshop via the embedded “Show me in Photoshop” links.

We are looking forward to your feedback!

Mira

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 29, 2011 1:49 AM   in reply to Mira D

can you please provide the link to the Tutorial Player AIR app - I couldn't find it

Thanks

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 29, 2011 12:29 PM   in reply to PrintTrain

You can download the player here -> http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/tutorialbuilder.html

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 29, 2011 2:28 PM   in reply to ablichter

I have downloaded the tutorial player AIR app but once I click on the link within the tutorial to show in photoshop.  It doesn't go to photoshop and show I receive an error Safari doesn't recognize address.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 30, 2011 12:28 AM   in reply to AcmeGV

I have downloaded the tutorial player AIR app but once I click on the link within the tutorial to show in photoshop.  It doesn't go to photoshop and show I receive an error Safari doesn't recognize address.

You need to open the Tutorial Player, connect it to PS and load  a Tutorial in the player:

12.jpg

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 30, 2011 7:11 AM   in reply to ablichter

I don't have an option under the edit menu in photoshop for Remote Connections. Is it in a different location within CS5?

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 30, 2011 2:09 PM   in reply to AcmeGV

If you don't have that in the Edit menu, you need to upgrade to the latest version - remote connections came with V12.0.4.

Download via the Adobe Update Site or try to download via Help -> Update in PS.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 30, 2011 3:48 PM   in reply to ablichter

I updated my version of photoshop but it still will not open error states "Photoshop can't complete this command right now. Please check that it is available in your version of Photoshop." My version is now 12.0.4  x64.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 30, 2011 10:48 PM   in reply to AcmeGV

Reinstall Tutorial Builder. If this doesn't help, let us know which command / action you want to replay.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points