Skip navigation
alligatorbabe
Currently Being Moderated

Flash Player 11 Download Time Out???

Oct 28, 2011 6:25 AM

Tags: #problem #issue #flash #out #install #time #not_working #player #11 #flash_player

Mein System ist Windows XP 32-bit. Von gestern auf heute konnte ich weder online Filme ansehen noch Facebookspiele spielen. Ich habe herausgefunden das es daran liegt, dass meine Flash Player Version zu alt war. Also habe ich die alte deinstalliert und mir die 11er runtergeladen. Allein die Rar Datei runter zu laden hat mich schon 1 Std gekostet. Das entpacken plus starten der Installation dann nurnoch ein paar Sekunden. Der Download hat wunderbar geklappt, bis er 12% erreicht hat. Dann passierte eine Weile nichts mehr und dann wurde angezeigt "Download Timeout" Als einzige möglichkeit wurde mir angeboten die Installation abzubrechen. Was ich auch gemacht habe. Die Rar Datei war gelöscht. Seit dem habe ich es ettliche male versucht, auch von anderen Seiten als der Adobe Seite aber bis jetzt nur mit dem Erfolg das es varriert ob bei 12, 14 oder 15% diese Meldung erscheint. Mein PC ist seit dem auch extrem langsam geworden. Kann mir jemand helfen? P.S. Komme aus Deutschland falls das von nöten sein sollte LOL

Danke!!

Replies 1 2 Previous Next
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 28, 2011 9:37 AM   in reply to alligatorbabe

I'm not too clear, are you having issue with downloading the installer or running the installer?

Can you please show us the link where you download the Flash Player from?

Try to uninstall the player again using this link: http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/141/tn_14157.html

Then use this link to download the player: http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 28, 2011 9:59 PM   in reply to alligatorbabe

Versuch den vollen Installer in http://forums.adobe.com/thread/909550 herunterzuladen.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 30, 2011 6:44 PM   in reply to alligatorbabe

I'm having the same issues. I'm using windows 7, 32 bit.

I did follow fpMonster instructions, but I still encounter the issue.

I'm not able to view any video in Facebook that are using flash player.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 1, 2011 8:58 PM   in reply to alligatorbabe

Exactly the same problem here.   Can't get Flash 11 downloaded without running into the Download Timeout issue.  Have tried all suggestions to no avail.

Using Windows 7 64 bit.

Any other ideas out there?

Thanks

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 7, 2011 12:37 PM   in reply to alligatorbabe

I am having the same problem using Windows 7 64 bit.  The installer seems to download properly, however when I try to run it, it times out at 12% and Adobe is unsuccessfully installed.  I have removed all older versions of Adobe, restarted my computer, disabled all firewalls and protections....  I have tried everything I can think of or have read to try.  Anybody have any luck.  Soooo frustrating.  I wish I had never tried to upgrade. 

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 7, 2011 8:59 PM   in reply to Carl E. Myers Jr.

I uninstalled yet again and tried reinstalling using the link you provided .

Adobe4.jpg

The installer downloaded successfully.  It then retrieved succussfully.  then the installer tried installing and stopped at 12%.

Adobe1.jpg

Then it gave me the time out error....

Adobe2.jpg

And finally the unsuccessful installation message.

Adobe3.jpg

I have made sure Active X is not checked in tools, I have made sure all settings in Internet Option are set as Adobe said (in regards to scripting, etc both in Trusted Zones and Internet Options), and Windows Firewalls, etc were all turned off. 

I have tried this about 30 times now over the ast 4 nights and would appreciate anybody letting me know if they have a solution.

Thank you

Rob

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 7, 2011 9:26 PM   in reply to Rockin\' Robbie

Rockin\' Robbie wrote:

The installer downloaded successfully.  It then retrieved succussfully.  then the installer tried installing and stopped at 12%.

Then you did not use the installer from the link that both I and Carl provided.

The installer names for Windows 7 64-bit are

• install_flash_player_11_active_x_64bit.exe (Internet Explorer)
    • install_flash_player_11_plugin_64bit.exe (plugin for other browsers)

These installers do not download or retrieve anything during execution.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 7, 2011 10:39 PM   in reply to Rockin\' Robbie

Go into your Downloads folder and delete all Flash files of 742 kb(install_flashplayer11x64_mssd_aih.exe).  This is the Adobe downloader program and is not the stand slone installer.C

|
    Mark as:
  • Xircal
    753 posts
    Mar 29, 2011
    Dec 8, 2011 6:02 AM   in reply to Rockin\' Robbie

Here are the direct download links. Please follow the instructions to ensure a clean installation.

1. Download the Flash x64 uninstaller from here: http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/current/uninstall_flash _player_64bit.exe
    2. Download the x64 installer for Firefox from here: http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/current/install_flash_p layer_64bit.exe The screenshot shows what both of these files look like when you download them using Firefox.
    3. Close Firefox.
    4. Run the uninstaller which will also remove Flash from IE as well.
    5. Reboot.
    6. Run the installer you downloaded. Do not open Firefox while uninstalling or reinstalling Flash.
    7. Open Internet Explorer and go to http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/
    8. When you see the prompt, choose "Run". IE requires the Flash ActiveX controi to be installed (not supported in Firefox) in order to work which is why you need to install Flash a second time.

uninstaller-installer_x64.PNG

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 8, 2011 8:13 PM   in reply to Xircal

I printed the instructions off and followed them to a t.  No luck.  I think I made it to step 7 but when I went to http://getadobe.com/flashplayer/ no prompt came up saying run.

I clicked the download button again because i had no choice to do anything else.  i t just redownloaded and then tried to reinstall, but timed out at 12 again.  :

Rob

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 9, 2011 3:41 AM   in reply to Rockin\' Robbie

Specify your web browser and version (including 32bit or 64bit edition

|
    Mark as:
  • Xircal
    753 posts
    Mar 29, 2011
    Dec 9, 2011 6:19 AM   in reply to Rockin\' Robbie

Rockin\' Robbie wrote:

I printed the instructions off and followed them to a t.  No luck.  I think I made it to step 7 but when I went to http://getadobe.com/flashplayer/ no prompt came up saying run.

I clicked the download button again because i had no choice to do anything else.  i t just redownloaded and then tried to reinstall, but timed out at 12 again.  :

Rob

For security reason, Firefox doesn't have a Run option, so you have to download the files to your local machine and then after closing Firefox, run them.

If you say you got as far as step #7, then you already achieved the goal of installing the plugin in Firefox and you should be able to see it listed by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+A and then going to the Plugins menu. Flash will be listed as "Shockwave Flash 11.1.102.55".

In IE, you should see the Run button as shown in the screenshot after you click the "Download" button on the Adobe link:

install_flash_ie.PNG

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 9, 2011 10:36 AM   in reply to Carl E. Myers Jr.

I use Firefox 7.01 or Internet Explorer 9.0.3  My OS is Windows 7 64 bit.  Thanks for taking time out of your day to help me.  I guess my next step is to take my laptop in and make sure I don’t have a virus on it.

Rob

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 9, 2011 10:43 AM   in reply to Xircal

Yes, Shockwave flashplayer is there when I opened mozilla and clicked ctrlshiftA.  (see attached jpg). I still can not open a flash video.  It says I need to update and then it takes me to the never ending loop of getting to the 12% crash time.

Rob

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 9, 2011 12:57 PM   in reply to Rockin\' Robbie

What filles do you have in your Downloads folder?

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 9, 2011 6:21 PM   in reply to Carl E. Myers Jr.

Hi carl,

I attached a JPG of my download files.  The install_flash_player_64bit.exe and uninstall_flash_player_64bit.exe are both in there.

Thanks for trying to help me with this.

Rob

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 9, 2011 6:27 PM   in reply to Rockin\' Robbie

Rockin\' Robbie wrote:

Yes, Shockwave flashplayer is there when I opened mozilla and clicked ctrlshiftA.  (see attached jpg)

There is no image attached. So you see Shockwave Flash, but is it enabled?

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 9, 2011 6:36 PM   in reply to Pat Willener

Yes, Shockwave flashplayer is there and it appears to be enabled (as there is a option to disable it).  I attached the jpg this time.

Thanks for the continuous effort.

Rob

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 9, 2011 7:19 PM   in reply to Rockin\' Robbie

There is no image in your post; you need to use the camera icon in the editor to attach an image.

What files do you have in

• C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash ?
    • C:\Windows\Syswow64\Macromed\Flash ?

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 10, 2011 12:18 AM   in reply to Pat Willener

Sent: Friday, December 09, 2011 7:19 PM

To: Rockin' Robbie

Subject: Re: Flash Player 11 Download Time Out??? Flash Player 11 Download Time Out???

Re: Flash Player 11 Download Time Out???

created by ʇɐb ɹəuəllıʍ in Using Flash Player - View the full discussion

|
    Mark as:
  • Xircal
    753 posts
    Mar 29, 2011
    Dec 10, 2011 1:47 AM   in reply to Rockin\' Robbie

Rockin\' Robbie wrote:

I use Firefox 7.01 or Internet Explorer 9.0.3  My OS is Windows 7 64 bit.  Thanks for taking time out of your day to help me.  I guess my next step is to take my laptop in and make sure I don’t have a virus on it.

Rob

You'd be well advised to upgrade to the latest version of Firefox which is 8.0.1 With only 7.0.1 installed, your system is vulnerable to the exploits described in the Firefox Release Notes: http://www.mozilla.org/security/known-vulnerabilities/firefox.html#fir efox8

As regards antivirus, do you have AVAST installed? If so, right click the orange Avast icon in systray and choose to disable all shields for one hour. Then run the installer again. AVAST has a file checker which scans every program as soon as you run it. This interrupts an installation process so that it terminates before completion.

If you have a different AV installed, then look for a similar option to disable it before you run the Flash installer.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 10, 2011 7:11 AM   in reply to Xircal

THAT WORKED!  Thank you thank you thank you!  I didn’t even know I had AVG on my laptop.  I searched AV, found it, went to Tools>Advanced settings> disabled it for 10 minutes.  then I went to get.adobe.com/flashplayer and it downloaded and installed first time.

Thank you everyone for all their help in this.  really appreciate it.

Rob

|
    Mark as:
  • Xircal
    753 posts
    Mar 29, 2011
    Dec 10, 2011 7:47 AM   in reply to Rockin\' Robbie

You're welcome.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 13, 2011 5:37 AM   in reply to alligatorbabe

Had to sign in to say thanks ina way:

save all your work pass words etc...

1. Internet options, Locate advance tab.  at the very bottom it tells you reset IE9  that is what got my flash player working.

Holy cow what a  headache it was. to follow such detail.   Never saying it was wrong.

Adobe thank you

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 13, 2011 6:35 AM   in reply to roads63

So it was not Flash Player that was the problem but somehow a setting was messed up on Internet Explorer which broke the Internet Explorer.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 13, 2011 12:12 PM   in reply to roads63

Now that flashplayer is working, I am going through the same issue with Adobe reader so I can see pdf’s.  Sheesh.  Hopefully I can figure out this one by myself.

|
    Mark as:
  • Xircal
    753 posts
    Mar 29, 2011
    Dec 13, 2011 12:27 PM   in reply to Rockin\' Robbie

Rockin\' Robbie wrote:

Now that flashplayer is working, I am going through the same issue with Adobe reader so I can see pdf’s.  Sheesh.  Hopefully I can figure out this one by myself.

In case you need it, here's the link to the Adobe Reader Support Forum

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 1, 2012 2:53 PM   in reply to Xircal

Can someone help me? I am having the same problem as Rockin Robbie. I have a new Dell laptop on Windows 7 - 64 bit system, and I only use internet explorer (not Mozzilla  or anything). I have tried all the trouble shooting and links that are availble, but it continues to only download flash player to 12% then times out. I don't see anything on my computer called AVAST or AVG. How did Robbie finally make his work?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 1, 2012 2:54 PM   in reply to Rockin\' Robbie

Can someone help me? I am having the same problem as Rockin Robbie. I have a new Dell laptop on Windows 7 - 64 bit system, and I only use internet explorer (not Mozzilla  or anything). I have tried all the trouble shooting and links that are availble, but it continues to only download flash player to 12% then times out. I don't see anything on my computer called AVAST or AVG. How did Robbie finally make his work?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 1, 2012 3:15 PM   in reply to Anna/needs help

Hi Anna,

It was the AV thing.  I disabled the ones I know about, but there was one I did not know about.  Maybe it was installed as part of Windows 7 automatically or??  I searched AV in my start button section and that’s how I found it.  Hope that helps.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 1, 2012 3:20 PM   in reply to Anna/needs help

Click Start, type msconfig.exe, press Enter, click Selective startup, uncheck Load startup items. Click Services tab, check Hide all Microsoft services, click Disable all, click Ok, click Restart.

How do I do a clean install of Flash Player?

After the install.

Click Start, type msconfig.exe, press Enter, click Normal startup, click ok, click Restart.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 1, 2012 4:33 PM   in reply to Carl E. Myers Jr.

Hi Carl. I just followed all your steps and I still got the same time out

problem again. Any other ideas?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 1, 2012 4:36 PM   in reply to Rockin\' Robbie

Hi Robbie,

I searched under the start menu with "AV" and nothing seems to come up.

It's a new computer and I don't have any anti-virus software, and there

doesn't appear to be any when I search. Any ideas on what other names I

could search to disable?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 1, 2012 4:47 PM   in reply to Anna/needs help

What file are you trying to download when the time out occurs?

Did you complete this?

After the install.

Click Start, type msconfig.exe, press Enter, click Normal startup, click ok, click Restart.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 1, 2012 5:16 PM   in reply to Carl E. Myers Jr.

After I followed the steps I tried to download this flash player

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

I did complete your "after the install" step....but I don't see how that

step is relevant since the install did not complete. It timed out after 12%.

Should I try it again with a different link for installation?

Thanks for your help!

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 1, 2012 5:25 PM   in reply to Anna/needs help

Anna

After I followed the steps I tried to download this flash player

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

Going to that page was not one of the steps.

This is the link that you should have used: Flash Player for Internet Explorer

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 1, 2012 6:28 PM   in reply to Carl E. Myers Jr.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 1, 2012 6:32 PM   in reply to Anna/needs help

????  No message text.

|
    Mark as:
1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status