Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Not Found RTMP streams and Buffering Message

Oct 28, 2011 Oct 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to provide our clients with something that indicates that a VOD file isn't found when requested via RTMP.

Using the Strobe player, the default behavior from FMS 4.5 is to throw up a continuous "Buffering" message when the file isn't found.

When it's a live stream, we can control the return a response with FCSubscribe; so if it's not there, we can send back a response. HTTP (HDS/HLS) do return a file not found when requesting a missing file.

I tried this from a stock version of FMS using the /vod directory and any time that I place in a vod rtmp location that doesn't exist I get a buffering message.

I know that I could add a timeout to the client side - but I'm trying to stick to stock OSMF and make it work from the server side with multiple players.

Is there server side actionscript /or c++ plugin that I can add that will check the presence of the file and return a "not found" when the play is requested?

How/where would I exactly add that? Seems realitively simple, but not seeing any reference or information about how to set it up.

Much thanks in advance.

-Will

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 31, 2011 Oct 31, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you are trying to play a VOD file via RTMP you should get NetStream.Play.StreamNotFound. If you are not getting this message at client end - then i would say its bug - but if client is not coded to handle this message then its more of client code issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Oct 31, 2011 Oct 31, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the response.

Not getting that response from the stock version of FMS 4.5:

1320069319931: *** NetConnection.Connect.Success ****)

1320069319936: Manual switching enabled

1320069319936: buffer length: 5

1320069319937: play() called. isLive = false, is multibitrate = false

1320069319938:     PlayArgs:[object DynamicStreamBitrate]

1320069319940: Set rate limit to 1 kbps

1320069319940: Starting with stream index 0 at 1 kbps

1320069319941: Transition complete to index 0 at 1 kbps

1320069319942: ***_ NetStream.Play.TransitionComplete ***

1320069320138: *** onNetStatus: NetStream.Play.Reset

1320069320139: *** onNetStatus: NetStream.Play.Start

This is using an OVP player base - the strobe player just spins as well.

The issue appears with a stock version of FMS, and the stock OSMF Strobe Playback.

So should I report this as an FMS 4.5 and OSMF issue?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines