Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

crash only with ESPN3 ("watchespn") live game COMMERCIALS

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2011 Nov 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

I have had no problems  with this for years until 3 weeks ago after getting the Flash player 11 update. Ever since then, video from all sites and sources run fine with the exception of espn3.com. During live college football games, the live game video is just fine - great, actually. If they go to break and put up a generic slate such as "in commercial break",.....it continues to be fine. But if a commercial video (Sprint wireless comes to mind as an example) - the video freezes after a few seconds, then the browser window freezes, then the entire system freezes and I can't do anything. By the time I restart everything, I have missed half the game. Videos from any other site have no problems. I am hoping someone can help. If this is a known bug with flash player 11 from a few weeks ago - then will rolling back to 10 fix the problem and if so - how would I do that?

Thanks for any assistance.

> Lenovo PC laptop. Windows XP. Internet Explorer 8. Healthy system. Runs great except for this new problem.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 10, 2011 Nov 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to hear your problem. I realized that I saw another person calimed about ESPN watching and sounded like recently started so there must be something behind. This might be Flash Player 11 issue or this might be ESPN (or comercial provider) started something new and causing trouble. I don't know well. But you can try downgrading Flash Player and see how it look for a while. Please see our FAQ to uninstall current version and install older Flash Player.

How do I uninstall Flash Player?

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/889574?tstart=0

Where can I find direct downloads of Flash Player (10) for Windows or Macintosh?

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/889580?tstart=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgot to ask if HW disable stop the crash or not. Please try HW disable first if it's acceptable for video performance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to let you know the other thread issue solved by removing malware (google re-direct malware) now.  http://forums.adobe.com/message/4019701#4019701

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2011 Nov 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your replies, Hitomi.

I happened to get the 11.1.102.55 update a couple of days ago and that fixed everything immediately. Watched a bunch of stuff that was crashing everything under the previous (....52) version and it worked like a charm just like prior to the 52 update. I guess there was either a flaw in the last version, or that it never installed correctly on my system. Anyway....thanks for taking the time. I appreciate it. (BTW...neither the malware nor the acceleration were the problem).

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 14, 2011 Nov 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm glad to hear your problem is solved. We've fixed handful crash bug after relasing 11.0.1.152 and included the fix in 11.1.102.55. I guess you got hit one of the crashers with previous version but fixed in latest. It's good to know our effort on crash bug help some users in this way. Thanks for talking to us.

Hitomi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines