Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

SAP Netweaver version for plugin to work.

Nov 11, 2011 3:15 AM

Hi,

I would like to know if the latest version of SAP Netweaver should be there for connecting Flash Builder to SAP using the plugin ?

I have connected to the SAP demo system online as shown in the demo, but i am not sure how should i connect to my SAP Server.

Thanks & Regards

Pradeep

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 11, 2011 7:09 AM   in reply to skumars_pradeep16

SAP has a lot of information about the server-side here: http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/gateway

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 2, 2011 4:14 AM   in reply to skumars_pradeep16

If you want to use your own SAP system landcape you have two possibilities to install & use SAP Netweaver Gateway.

First, you can install your SAP NetWeaver Gateway as a standalone platform and, it that case, you can connect your Gateway Platform to any of your SAP ABAP Back End platform (ECC, CRM, SRM, and so on...). But if you want to use the "screen scrapping" or "eventing" functionalities from your SAP ABAP Back End, your Back End needs the SAP_BASIS 7.0 SP18 installed  on it to then install the IW_SCS (SAP Netweaver Gateway Screen Scrapping to create service directly from a screen selection) and IW_BEP (SAP Netweaver Gateway Backend Event Publisher to publish objects event & workflows event) components on it. If it's not your case you could only use "Remoting call" functionality based ont the SAP RFC technology which is available from more than 10 years on any SAP ABAP platform As a reminder all the demos on the Adobe labs are based on RFC consumptions.

Second, you can install all your SAP Netweaver compoent on your existing SAP Back End system but, for this, your SAP_BASIS has to be in version 7.02 (SAP netWeaver EHP 2) in SP 7 (Support Package 7) has mentionned oin the SAP online help: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_gateway20sp02/helpdata/en/d1/45a4aafd63447 28dbe2c3bf19beb9e/frameset.htm

You can check your compent version of SAP_BASIS installed on your Back End from any SAP GUI transaction. click on the "System" menu entry & then from the "status" sub menu. then click on the component details button from the popup window.

Kind regards

FXL

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points