Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

FMS 4.5 logging bug? c-client-id not unique anymore

Nov 11, 2011 3:25 PM

We're having trouble compiling stats using FMS 4.5 because it appears as if c-client-id field in the logs is no longer unique on a per user/connection basis. As a matter of fact the same c-client-id stamps are being recorded for different users, from different countries, connecting to different vhosts on different days. As such our stats are completely off now. The c-client-id appeared to be unique in FMSS 3.5 and FMSS 4.0. Can someone from Adobe confirm this issue?

We're running FMIS 4.5 on Linux (CentOS).

Thank you.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 13, 2011 9:27 PM   in reply to bobakb

Thanks for reporting this. I will let myself and my team check this..

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 16, 2011 5:44 PM   in reply to Nitin Goel

Hi,

Thanks for letting us know about the issue. I did try to reproduce the issue but could not find repetetions in the c-client-id field as such. Technically too, it is not supposed to be repeated until after 2^32 ids are exhausted. Can you please confirm how often are you observing this issue?

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 7, 2011 4:21 AM   in reply to bobakb

Thanks for the details, lets take it offline as you suggested and investigate. Let me know how (or where ) i can PM.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 18, 2013 1:53 AM   in reply to bobakb

Hi,

Please consider filing a bug on AMS with the demo you prepared. Someone from the AMS team will check that out..

Thanks

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points