• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I convert a flash object on a webpage to a fla file?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2011 Nov 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made a flash effect for my friend's site and he won't let me get the flash back after a fight. I can see the effect on the homepage of his website. Is there any way I can get the flash to an fla file on my computer? Is there any way I can find the swf file on his websites system and convert it to an fla? Please help, thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you made it surely you would have the source backup somewhere safe? However what you ask is possible.

ps: wrong forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Open the web page where this swf is placed then go for the source code by right clicking on page anywhere. Then find the name of the swf file like if the name is myFlash.swf then search it but if you do not know the name then just search .swf you will get the file path on your friend's web. like it would be yourFriendWeb.com/flash/flashFile.swf or what ever is the name. Then copy the link and paste on your web browser and when the swf is opened then save it by going to File menu.

Now you have the swf file on your PC. Now the task is to convert it to fla. This thing can be done by a flash decompiler like Flash Decompiler Trillix. Decompiling will end up with your orignal fla file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines