Skip navigation
Tim@HHT
Currently Being Moderated

Timecode fix for Premiere CS5 with 10.7.2

Nov 14, 2011 9:11 PM

I'm having the same issue others are reporting of timecode not appearing since upgrading to 10.7.2. I see a fix has been issued for CS5.5, does anyone know if one is coming for CS5?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 14, 2011 9:28 PM   in reply to Tim@HHT

Mac OSX v10.7 (Lion) broke many features of many versions of Premiere Pro (and other applications) by changing how applications must deal with overlays---such as that used in the Timecode effect. We can't go back and retroactively address all of these issues for previous versions. We have issued an update that addresses this issue for the current version.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 12, 2011 7:03 AM   in reply to Tim@HHT

I'm having the same issue and it's highly irretating.

Not only did you release CS5.5 shortly after most of us were able to upgrade, but now compatability issues with Lion?

Such a silly little thing such as a time code we now have to render out and re-render in after effects, or does it not work there either?

Please tell me in advance so I don't waste more time rendering out an interview that's 30 min long,  uncompressed, JUST so that I can add a timecode.

Too late, 4 hours later and I finally have a video with a timecode...

sigh...

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 12, 2011 6:56 AM   in reply to Tim@HHT

I find it annoying that deleting threads is a higher priority than answering them.

Seriously, you only release a fix for cs5.5? What kind of a joke is that?

What happened to customer support?

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 12, 2011 7:07 AM   in reply to traptsoul

I deleted the post that suggested you get a Windows box to solve your Mac problem.  As you noted, that was an unhelpful, un-asked-for and unprofessional "solution".  I will continue to delete any and all posts that suggest Mac users fix any problems they have by switching to a Windows box, unless the OP specifically requests information about Windows.

Your reply to the deleted post didn't make sense after that, so it got the axe as well.

I moderate here, I don't make decisions about how Adobe should address software patches, customer service or anything else related to Adobe's business practices.

You should consider approaching Apple and asking them to patch Lion to un-break the overlay issue that they broke in Lion.

-Jeff

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 12, 2011 7:18 AM   in reply to Jeff Bellune

ok, agreed, but still... Can't you get someone who can address the issue to give us an official statement please?

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 12, 2011 7:34 AM   in reply to traptsoul

Can't you get someone who can address the issue to give us an official statement please?

I could be wrong, but I think the guy with the big red A next to his name did just that in post #1.

Sadly, changes made by Apple (and Microsoft) sometimes trickle down to the end users with the result that many of us have to do more work than before.  So something that was intended to make our working lives easier actually makes things more difficult.

-Jeff

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 12, 2011 7:59 AM   in reply to Jeff Bellune

Sorry but the A isn't actually Red, it's in the negative space, so it's white...just saying...

I hope Adobe and Apple can come up with a solution for CS5 and older versions.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 21, 2012 5:56 PM   in reply to Todd_Kopriva

Hi Todd,

I found this thread after having the same problem with CS5 and OSX 10.8.

My thread is here: http://forums.adobe.com/message/4863161#4863161

I feel I received a "Windows vs Mac" answer. I just wanted to know if the problem is definietly fixed in CS5.5 or CS6?

Another discussion here: http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/3/932541

says that there's still a problem with CS5.5.2 on OSX 10.6.8.

I'm running CS5 on OSX 10.8.2 and having the problem. So Apple hasn't fixed anything about an overlay conflict with CS yet.

I'd upgrade CS if someone would please just tell me which version of CS had definitely resolved the conflict. Adobe must have tested for this by now, right?

Thanks for your time,

PixelPictor

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 21, 2012 7:05 PM   in reply to PixelPictor

> I'm running CS5 on OSX 10.8.2 and having the problem. So Apple hasn't fixed anything about an overlay conflict with CS yet.

As far as Apple is concerned, there is nothing to fix. They changed the way that applications use overlays, which broke many applications. It was up to application developers (like us) to catch up to this change. We did so. There is no such problem with Premiere Pro CS6.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 3, 2012 4:02 PM   in reply to Todd_Kopriva

Thanks Todd.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 17, 2013 10:28 AM   in reply to Todd_Kopriva

Actually, there is, please see attached.

Screen Shot 2013-11-17 at 1.06.56 PM.png

Besides trying it on source footage I also tried it on HD bars and tone, transparent video and an adjustment layer. Running Premiere Pro CS6 (6.0.5) on Mac OS 10.8.5.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points