Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

2D Barcode and Adobe Reader

Former Community Member

Dear All,

Could you please help me with the below issue?

I have a pdf form created in Adobe LiveCycle ES2 with 4 text fields and 1 QR code which automatic generated when field valuew changes. I have enabled from adobe Acrobat X Pro the reader rights. When i open from adobe x pro the qr code is working but when i open it from adobe reader and change a field then the qr code changes to grey box.

I want this pdf to send to users without internet access in order to fill it, print it and send it through fax.

You help is much appreciated.

3 Replies

Former Community Member

The rights enabled in Acrobat X Pro do not include barcode rights. You have to fill the barcoded form in Acrobat or use LiveCycle Reader Extensions ES to apply rights to the form for use with Reader.

Steve

Former Community Member

Thank you for your answer.

Could you please show me how to fill barcodedform in Acrobat?

For the records we have bought the Adobe Web Premium CS5.5 Suite which includes Adobe LiveCycle ES2.

If we buy LiveCycle reader Extensions ES2 does it work to customers without an internet connection?Local. We will provide them a cd with the pdf, they fill it and print it.

We want the pdf to work without any database connections or something else, just only the file.

Former Community Member

Could you please show me how to fill barcodedform in Acrobat?

Filling an interactive barcoded PDF form in Acrobat is no different than filling an interactive barcoded PDF form in Reader.

For the records we have bought the Adobe Web Premium CS5.5 Suite which includes Adobe LiveCycle ES2.

Do you mean Adobe LiveCycle Designer ES2 or the LiveCycle ES2 server suite?

If we buy LiveCycle reader Extensions ES2 does it work to customers without an internet connection?Local. We will provide them a cd with the pdf, they fill it and print it.

If you buy LiveCycle Reader Extensions ES2 you can apply rights to the barcoded interactive PDF form to enable the form to be filled and saved locally. If the barcoded interactive PDF form does not have rights applied by LiveCycle Reader Extensions ES, users must use Acrobat for the PaperFormsBarcode to work.

Steve