Skip navigation
angelalien548
Currently Being Moderated

Reinstalled PS CS4 - deinterlace filter - help, please?

Nov 16, 2011 2:49 PM

Hi, I had to wipe my hard drive and reinstall Leopard (I don't want to upgrade to Snow Leopard, please - have my personal reasons) b/c my hard drive was getting too full and thus running out of virtual memory space with the result that some of my applications (i.e. comic life deluxe) wasn't behaving right. Since I wiped the hard drive, reinstalled, reinstalled/activated my Photoshop CS 4 and just updated it to v11.0.2, after adding my Extract Plus plug in back in, and in the process of doing this I noticed a "deinterlace" filter/plug-in in my PS filter/plug in's folder, and I'd like to know - how do I make this filter active/show up when I'm editing photos and I click on "filters"?

Also, how exactly do I use this filter to deinterlace photos that have interlacing in them?

Thanks in advance.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 16, 2011 11:08 PM   in reply to angelalien548

Are the images you test on RGB?

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 17, 2011 7:43 AM   in reply to angelalien548

Check Image > Mode in the Menu Bar or the Document’s header (wher something like »Untitled-1 @ 100% (RGB/8)« may be written).

Certain Filters do not work on CMYK-images or bit-depths.

Changing CMYK to RGB is best done with Edit > Convert to Profile or, if you are certain the Working Spaces and other Color Settings are appropriate in this case, Image > Mode > RGB Color.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 17, 2011 10:57 PM   in reply to angelalien548

Could you please post a screenshot with the Filter Menu visible?

Because the Filter should be under Video components of the installation have bee moved or removed.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points