Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Why does Bridge always sort images by rating instead of by date modified?

Nov 16, 2011 3:28 PM

Why does Bridge always sort images by rating instead of by date modified?

This drives me bonkers.  Everytime I look for an image I've been working on, I go to Bridge and I'm always presented with the images sorted by rating instead of by date.

Then I click on the microscopic sized, extremely tiny arrow that allows one to choose 'sort by date modified' and I resort them to find the file I need.  So that's always 3 extra clicks to find the image.

WHY can't Bridge sort images by date modified and STAY that way every time I come back?

Thanks for any help.

I know I could just keep the recent files rated the highest, but still, I'm wondering if there's a way to make it work the way I'd like it to work?

jn

p.s.  Note to Adobe: Please make the selection button for sorting images arrow larger than a fraction of the size of the period at the end of this sentence.  Thanks.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 16, 2011 5:59 PM   in reply to John Nez

Bridge_sort.jpg

Beyond that:

john nez wrote:

…Note to Adobe…

You are NOT addressing Adobe here in these user to user forums.  Use the Contact link at the top of the page, or post in the Feature Request section.

Wo Tai Lao Le

我太老了          (No connection to Adobe)

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 16, 2011 6:01 PM   in reply to John Nez

Sorry, I had not realized that the Contact Us link has now been eliminated. 

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    4,001 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 17, 2011 1:20 AM   in reply to John Nez

WHY can't Bridge sort images by date modified and STAY that way every time I come back?

By default it does stay at the latest selected sort order so this could mean it is due to your install.

First of all try to reset the preferences for Bridge, hold down option key while restarting Bridge and choose reset preferences. This sets it all to default. First try if the problem is solved then set prefs again to your own custom wishes.

Also check and repair permissions for the OSX itself (Apple has disk utility in the utility folder for this job, and there are other 3th party applications)

And be sure to have the latest update for Bridge. (Bridge CS5 should be 4.0.5.11)

In addition to the method Tai Lao pointed you already to there is a third option, use right click mouse button in content window and the pop up menu has also the sort option at the bottom of the row

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points