• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help my falling snow to FALL

Explorer ,
Nov 18, 2011 Nov 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried this tutorial at: http://www.kirupa.com/developer/mx/snow.htm. I'm using Flash CS4 on the MAC.

But when I run it, nothing happens, and I was wondering if someone could help me with solving the problem because I'm new to ActionScript 3.0.

When I run the test movie I get an error:

1087: Syntax error: extra characters found after end of program. OnClipEvent (load) {

Also, it doesn't say in the tutorial, so I created a new layer first and then dragged the snowflake symbol onto the stage and then added the script to it. (now there are 2 layers on my timeline). Although it doesn't say to make a new (2nd) layer. Surely you can't do everything on the same layer, because you need to add 2 different scripts which you can't do to one layer.

Is there anything else I can provide so someone can help better?

Thanking you in advance for your help.

TOPICS
ActionScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You appear to be following an AS2 tutorial, and this is the AS3 forum.  If you continue to have problems you should post in the AS2 forum.

The error is indicating you have some extra code hanging off the end of your file, which could mean somewhere before the end of your code you missed closing  some function or loop or something proerly so it appears there is code left hanging.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ned, I ended up finding another tutorial and it worked perfectly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines