Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No audio on Macs when playing Flash lectures created using Presenter

Nov 18, 2011 Nov 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My department creates lectures using Presenter 6 and add mp3 files so that it plays the lectures and audio simultaneously. For the past several months, students who use macs have been reporting problems playing audio. When they open the lecture, the "No Audio" message appears in the navigation bar. We've come to find out that this occurs mainly for 3 reasons:

• Students need to update to the latest version of Flash Player especially if they have the Lion OS.
  • Students need to switch from a firewall restricted wireless connection to a wired connection.
  • Students are experiencing this problem on a Mac while using a USB headset.

We have not been able to find a solution to the 3rd problem and I haven't seen anyone post it in the forum. Has anyone ever experienced this problem and know if it's related to Flash or the Mac audio drivers and if there's a fix for it? We require students to use USB headsets.

A more recent problem has come up that may be related to the USB headset problem. Lion OS users are getting the same "No Audio" message even without using a USB headset. They also have to refresh a couple of times in order for the audio to start playing.

I've had an Adobe rep remote to my mac to see the problem, however I wasn't able to replicate it because she had me share my desktop using Adobe Connect. Once the session ended, the problem returned. Here's a link to a .swf of one of our lecture files:

Screen shot 2011-11-18 at 1.20.42 PM.png

http://distance.jhsph.edu/breezeContent/543/viewer.swf

I've also attached a screenshot of the what we see while the lecture plays.

Judy

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 18, 2011 Nov 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I assume the same contents working fine with windows users, right? And is this issue unique to Lion or happend to older version of OS? Is there limited HW model to cause this problem or it's various models for Mac?

(FYI)

There are many hits with this google search: site:discussions.apple.com Lion no audio

thanks,

Hitomi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 22, 2011 Nov 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Hitomi,

Thank you for getting back to me. Yes, the lectures work fine for Windows users. The issue with the headset occurs with all versions of the Mac OS. The issue without the headset occurs only with Lion. This occurs on all Mac models. I've done a google search and the answers do not really apply to us. Because sound works for everything else except the lectures. I've tested using youtube videos and the audio plays just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 28, 2011 Nov 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I asked Presenter team about this issue. They got to think two issues from this thread:

1) There is some known issue with USB headset specifically in Plantronics Blackwire 610M/620M with unplugging and plug it back.

2) The audio system is put to sleep on Mac Lion by some reason and need to refresh the page once or twice to make it work again. This issue happen with Presenter file but not other tools. (possible bug for Presenter)

I recommend to submit Presenter bug in this form: https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

Sorry but I don't think we can help for your issue from Flash Player side.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 29, 2011 Nov 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hitomi,

Thank you for getting back to me. The issue with the USB headset actually occurs with all types of headsets. I am actually in touch with someone in the Presenter department as well. I posted this problem here just in case this was also a flash player issue. Thank you for the link to bug site. I will use that in the future.

Judy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines