Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Host adapters libraries missing from the CS SDK

Nov 22, 2011 7:00 AM

Hi,

I have some extensions built with Flah Builder 4.5 and the CS Extension Builder, that I had to compile via ANT in order to port them to a continuous integration server. (Hudson)

I used the CS SDK 1.5.0. to do so, it includes all CS libraries (i.e. CSXS, CSAW...) except the host adapter libraries CSAR. (cs_host_adapter.swc and id_host_adapter.swc)

I had to extract them from the CS Extension Builder JAR files (not easy to find them...) and to add them to the CS SDK in order to compile the extensions successfully.

Is it supposed to be so, or should they be included in the CS SDK as well?

In the same fashion, my extensions also uses the Flex theme Creative_Suite_CS5 that installs with the CS Extension Builder. I also had to extract the theme file from the JARs in order to compile the extension via ANT. It would be nice if this theme was also part of the CS SDK.

Are these artifacts planned to be added to the CS SDK, or will they remain only in the CS Extension Builder?

Thanks in advance,

Martin Rohart

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 30, 2012 3:30 AM   in reply to MartinRohart

I would also like to know if there is an easier way to find these libaries.

I had to do a search through the plugins directory of my FlashBuilder!

Found them here for anyone else that needs them:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder 4.6\eclipse\plugins\com.adobe.cside.libsinstaller_2.0.0.4-33034\archi ve\csar-1.0\release

Nathan Deamer

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 27, 2013 2:14 PM   in reply to MartinRohart

Also interested in this. Adobe, where are you?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 11, 2013 3:21 AM   in reply to MartinRohart

You can create an extension with Extension Builder, and check "Unpack ZXP into export folder" when export the extension. Then, you can find the Host Adapter libraries in the unpacked zxp foder which is in the same folder of exported ZXP file.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 17, 2013 6:18 PM   in reply to Yanwen

The point that Martin is getting at is that these should be included with the CS SDK. Manually compiling extensions shouldn't involve having to pluck the files from Extension Builder or from a ZXP built with Extension Builder.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 17, 2013 6:21 PM   in reply to brianreavis

Yes, you are right. It should be included with the CS SDK. The coming version of CS SDK will include it.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 25, 2013 2:36 AM   in reply to brianreavis

That was my point indeed, thanks Brian!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers