Skip navigation

Feature Requests / Suggestion Box

Jun 2, 2008 12:16 PM

Latest reply: livingtext, Mar 20, 2009 1:58 PM
Replies 1 2 3 4 Previous Next
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 7, 2008 6:39 PM   in reply to Ro*Ro
    Are you asking for BuzzWord to add an Address book with groups, or just a text area to dump a lot of email addresses at once?

Cheers

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 7, 2008 6:41 PM   in reply to acropete
    Shared Documents: change notification

I want to know when someone else has modified a shared document.

Sadly, this starts down the slippery slope of rights and authorizations: I want to let Fred view the document, but I don't want him to be able to ask for notifications, etc.

Cheers

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 8, 2008 1:28 PM   in reply to acropete
    Feature request:

Opening/editing a document on a widescreen monitor moves the document to the left side, can you perhaps make it center aligned (put it in a HBox) or make it changeable in the settings.

Lp, Miha

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 13, 2008 10:02 AM   in reply to acropete
    Feature request: bulk off-line backup

Buzzword is an on-line service and, as was observed with Google Docs, might go down. More likely is a problem connecting locally. In either case, good business procedure requires that documents back-up to a locally controllable medium.

Ideally, this would be a archive (e.g. ZIP or tar) with all the documents in their directories (you are adding directories, right?) in something neutral like OpenDoc or RTF.

Thank you for your attention

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 14, 2008 8:33 AM   in reply to acropete

Rich Media support ie
    Flash Video (FLV) and SWF support. MP3 audio support. Essentially any rich media that Adobe currently supports.

My goal is to not have documents I create completely reflect paper layout, but digital documents with full set of functionality (embedded chats, flash applets, calls to Google Maps). Not quite a web page, definitely not a word document, something much cooler and more flexible than either, but with very fast content creation (no code).

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 17, 2008 9:47 AM   in reply to acropete
    Having a keyboard command for different page justifications would be great. Like ctrl+L, ctrl+E, and ctrl+R
    Folders or customizable filters for documents would also be very helpful.

Love buzzword though.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 20, 2008 3:30 PM   in reply to acropete
    I've been used buzzword for doing surveys in pdf, it started as an joke, but buzzword is good for this too, but it misses the form fields, like an check button, radio button, edit area, etc. So an good improvement would be that one. Also if you're doing an AIR based application for buzzword, hurry up, it is an great improvement for this type of tools...

Also, as an small off-topic, who's the baby?

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 21, 2008 2:05 PM   in reply to acropete
    I'm sort of sad to see that the addition of superscripts, subscripts, (even em- and en- dashes!) etc. has only been suggested twice so far.

I love using Buzzword since it is online, meaning I don't have to bother with a flashdrives all the time, or fight with MS Word 2007 on the campus computers. At most, I have to install Flash and log in. Much more simple.

However, as a Chem major, the addition of subscripts and the like would make my life much easier and pretty much MS Word-free.

Will no one think of the chemistry (and math and physics and so on) majors?!

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 21, 2008 7:00 PM   in reply to acropete
    Document Manager:

Sort by Collaborator: perhaps show all the unique collaborators and select one, and show all the documents in common.

Ideally, this would be a filter to allow all the other grouping and sequencing on that subset.

Cheers

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 24, 2008 4:06 PM   in reply to acropete
    How about a spell check feature for this message board? Thanks!

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 24, 2008 4:06 PM   in reply to acropete
    How about a spell check feature for this message board? Thanks!

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 27, 2008 2:05 AM   in reply to acropete
    Due to Buzzword's relatively long loading time, I suggest to always protect the user from inadvertently leaving it, rather than only if there are unsaved edits: display the "Are you sure you want to navigate away from this page?" dialog box whenever the browser is about to leave Buzzword.

For example, my browser took me away from buzzword once when I was switching between tabs in the browser, and I hit <enter> for a search on the buzzword tab while I thought I was in another tab, and once when I by mistake clicked on a toolbar button.

In addition, if possible, implement this protection right away, when Buzzword starts loading: once when my Internet connection was exceptionally slow, I by mistake clicked a button in the browser after many minutes in which the page did not finish loading, and then had to start all over again.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 28, 2008 1:10 PM   in reply to acropete
    I have a few suggestions:
    #1: Take me to a designated entry point when first opening my document. That way I can be reminded where I need to continue when I next open it up.
    #2: When I work on my book, I usually work from an outline. I add text to the story within the outline and as I finish a section in the outline, I delete, or hide, that section of the outline. As I hide more and more of the outline, my book is more and more complete. Can you make buzzword do that?
    #3: Can I import/export doc's from MS WORD? At the moment, that is the only type of doc, my publisher will accept.
    #4: Can I import MS Word Styles?
    #5: I agree, an off-line mode that verifies when I start buzzword to check if I am registered and get the latest version of my doc is OK.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 12, 2008 7:56 AM   in reply to Pinocchyo
    EXCELLENT SET OF PRODUCTS......

Two Features missing that are CRITICAL:

1. Folders
    2. Ability to transfer files between Adobe.com and Buzzword

Ability to create a buzzword document, convert to pdf, and share with colleagues - will provide HUGE expansion potential. Adobe.com - Please realize that although we may see value in using Buzzword, the majority of business colleagues will not agree (until future mainstream acceptance). In order to send a .pdf to a colleague not interested in using Buzzword, requires me exporting document to my harddrive (Defeating purpose of online document storage). Of course I can re-upload to Adobe.com - but takes to many steps.....

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 13, 2008 1:33 PM   in reply to acropete
    Great stuff. For collaborative writing this is a nice alternative to the wiki. I'd like to see the ability to embed something other than just images. At a minimum, I'd like to be able to embed Flash into a Buzzword document.

I agree with others about many of the features that could be useful, but especially consistent text formatting with styles that would survive cut and paste into Word or convert to pdf with the automatic Table of Contents.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 18, 2008 2:11 AM   in reply to acropete
    I was working on Buzzword, making some schema. Then I decided to open a new document in a new window to add some schema relatively notes. I worked in both documents, and all things happen very well...but when I review the Docs list, the notes appear without an author...but I AM...
    I just expect that any document created by me in any buzzword's window belongs to me....
    Thank a lot

U R doing a very good job...!

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 23, 2008 2:30 PM   in reply to acropete
    Let me just re-iterate how awesome it would be if a table could extend beyond a page without adding a new cell. If a table with one row could take up 3 pages, Buzzword would be closer to being the best word-processor I've used
    (also need bookmarks, as a side note). Until then, you will always be second to Open Office.
    It's a pity that Buzzword is now owned by Adobe, ya know? I mean, when it was small and independent, it was updated much more rapidly. How long has it been now that everyone's been clamoring for a better organizer? Will it ever get done?

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 23, 2008 2:31 PM   in reply to Scaea
    Sorry... I meant a vertical ruler....

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 26, 2008 11:05 AM   in reply to acropete
    Advert Removed

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 27, 2008 1:06 PM   in reply to wolfius
    quote:

Originally posted by: wolfius
    Well i've been using buzzword and acrobat.com for a couple of days only.... the first things that bothered me is that there is no "integration" between the buzzword organizer and the "my files" organizer....

I would also like to see some form of integration between them.

Imagine if you could embed one of the 'my files' or even another buzzword document into the document itself (as a small thumbnail) and then when clicked on/activated... it would enlarge to take up the screen, and even allow you to edit it.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 28, 2008 4:13 PM   in reply to acropete
    I would really appreciate the ability to add other fonts. I can't turn in anything with any font other than Times New Roman (Which comes standard on all computers, from my understanding). It is a slight annoyance to have to copy and paste the text and then reformat everything into the format I am required to use.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 30, 2008 7:07 AM   in reply to basketballler77
    I Love Adobe!!!

The only addition I would like to see at this point would be the abiliy to use either MORE fonts, or the fonts on my system!

-Mudslung Studios

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 1, 2008 4:48 PM   in reply to acropete
    I love what you have so far with Buzzword, but there are a couple key features that prevent me from ever being able to use it for my work. Specifically:

1) Incomprehensible inability to have images / logos in the header or footer. Why is it so difficult to enable this when I can add images anywhere else in the document?

2) Lack of support for styles. Without styles, it becomes nearly impossible to create a consistent document presentation between collaborators. If everyone's heading / subheading / caption appears differently, collaboration becomes an ugly mess, and not many people would want to add in an extra workflow step of manually setting all formatting options to each chunk of text each time the document is going to be published

3) Limited deployment. I need to be able to embed a "live" Buzzword document (without comments displayed) on a web page as HTML, PDF or Flashpaper. Plus, I need to be able to link to it as a downloadable PDF. Otherwise, there are extra steps involved every time a change is made to eport / download, then reupload somewhere else.

I don't mean to sound unappreciative or pushy, but I really like Buzzword and it pisses me off that because of the few important features it is missing, I can't use it at all. I have to use GoogleDocs in the meantime, which is ugly and less enjoyable as an experience, but has the functionality I need.

When are we going to see the next update to Buzzword???

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 2, 2008 11:03 AM   in reply to jgerber
    quote:

Originally posted by: jgerber
    Imagine if you could embed one of the 'my files' or even another buzzword document into the document itself (as a small thumbnail) and then when clicked on/activated... it would enlarge to take up the screen, and even allow you to edit it.

I like this idea.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 9, 2008 1:46 PM   in reply to acropete
    Robust word count is an essential feature that needs to be beefed up. For any student or applicant, one needs to be able to do a word count of a highlighted block of text. The total word is not as meaningful, as one is often working on a series of short essays with individual word counts.

I had thought Buzzword solved all of my problems with Google Docs, but without a more complete word count feature, it's be even more work to copy and paste every time I want to do a word count!

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 15, 2008 4:18 AM   in reply to boohaha313
    Thank you for information. this help me a lot.

[advert removed]

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 1, 2009 9:59 PM   in reply to acropete
    How about adding customized headers and footers? That way we could put our own special text in them.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 15, 2009 4:16 AM   in reply to acropete
    Allow developers to build their own word processors by have a product we can integrate into our solutions.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 15, 2009 8:09 AM   in reply to acropete
    Track changes is a necessary feature. I have compared buzzword with google docs and Microsoft Office live. It is a vastly superior tool; however, if it is to be used for collaborative work, it must show the changes made by co-authors. Otherwise, there is no way to know what has been done. Either that, or editing functions could be attached to the reviewer function with changes shown so that the author can accept or reject.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 18, 2009 9:21 PM   in reply to s_t_e_f_a_n_o
    This is major.

I'm a Biotechnology Eng.student hoping to be able to use this for my thesis in 1years and any papers I publish along the way. Therefore I'd really like to see:

1 - Columns, subscript, superscript, special characters... etc

2 - Templates (which I could share)

3 - A Mindmap tool, where I could plan a document.

4 - A lists function where I could add tables, figures and references that can be collated and pinned to points in the document.

5 - Book formatting, so I could have page numbers on alternating corners, view it as a book, etc.

Just a thought.

Gianfranco

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 20, 2009 3:56 PM   in reply to acropete
    Buzzword is the word in our office. I really enjoy using the app and find for my purposes it does pretty much all I need it to... I know it's a long way off but can't wait to see this extended out to an office suite of apps.

Adobe is doing a great job... also can't wait for the API.

Very pleased that I'm now able to slowly untangle myself from having to use the M-word office suite... choice is freedom - thanks for giving me the option and the additional hard drive space for more important things like AE.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 20, 2009 3:58 PM   in reply to acropete
    Buzzword is the word in our office. I really enjoy using the app and find for my purposes it does pretty much all I need it to... I know it's a long way off but can't wait to see this extended out to an office suite of apps.

Adobe is doing a great job... also can't wait for the API.

Very pleased that I'm now able to slowly untangle myself from having to use the M-word office suite... choice is freedom - thanks for giving me the option and the additional hard drive space for more important things like AE.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 25, 2009 9:23 AM   in reply to acropete
    Well, is it possible to use Buzzword for Form Creation? Like how you can type text in certain files through Adobe Reader when you put a line next to a word:
    Name: _________________________________.
    I'm just wondering if there will ever be form creation like that.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 26, 2009 9:45 AM   in reply to brianelliottlavoie
    2nd on the form creation. It would be a nice feature to create a pdf that can be opened in acrobat and filled in.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 29, 2009 1:58 AM   in reply to acropete
    It would be nice to be able to insert an image into a header / footer?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 1, 2009 2:37 PM   in reply to mhickey
    I also 2nd the need for image in headers and footers as well. This will help with creating letterhead and envelopes.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 3, 2009 5:27 AM   in reply to bmann11
    As many have stated before me, I would really like to see folders, and more importantly shared folders, and shared folders within shared folders so that those members of the group who don't need to see everything can be given access to a folder within the "root" folder and the project managers can all share access to all of the files. Additionally public folders would be great. I can understand the concern that people could hijack this system to gain unlimited storage, but this is easily prevented by having the file size deducted from the quota of all users who have access to it.

|
    Mark as:
    As many have stated before me, I would really like to see folders, and more importantly shared folders, and shared folders within shared folders so that those members of the group who don't need to see everything can be given access to a folder within the "root" folder and the project managers can all share access to all of the files. Additionally public folders would be great. I can understand the concern that people could hijack this system to gain unlimited storage, but this is easily prevented by having the file size deducted from the quota of all users who have access to it.

|
    Mark as:

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 3, 2009 5:28 AM   in reply to bmann11

|
    Mark as:
1 2 3 4 Previous Next
Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points