Skip navigation
wrsg01
Currently Being Moderated

Extracting a layout & images from PDF to use in Adobe Illustrator to create webpage

Nov 28, 2011 9:34 AM

Tags: #template #illustrator_cs_5.1

I have been asked to build a small website based on a PDF template (with an additional .indd file) created by a designer who knows nothing about HTML, but they have advised me is that it should be possible to somehow extract the required components (layout & images) using Adobe Illustrator CS5 and then use those to create the webpages.

Is this correct or is there a better way to get the layout & images out of the PDF or .indd files?

I can just about figure my way through Adobe Illustrator, but guidance would be helpful as this is the 1st time i have attempted something like this.

Also the layout that has been provided is about the 1/2 the size it should be, I have tried scaling this up within Adobe Illustrator, but the resulting image won't export to a webpage properly, all that exports is what is within the little box in the middle of the screen. I know I am doing this wrong. What's the correct way to make everything larger?

Replies

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points