Skip navigation
morishuz
Currently Being Moderated

compiling SDK on windows

Nov 29, 2011 6:54 AM

i am new to Adobe SDK development but not to C++. nothing is ever easy but getting the adobe examples to complie is bordering on the impossible. i need some help.

SDK CS5.5 example project opens in visual studio 2008 pro (on win7, 64bit) but won't compile or build. no matter which example project i try the output window just shows "Build: 0 succeeded or up-to-date, 0 failed, 1 skipped". when i choose to see the project properties i get a dialogue saying "the operation could not be completed". any ideas?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 30, 2011 11:36 PM   in reply to morishuz

hi morishuz_!

welcome to the forum.

:-)

most problems of such sort usually have to do with the path the SDK is located at.

it should be located at something like c:/program files/after effects 5.5 sdk.

i don't remember exactly. (i jumped through hoops to locate it somewhere else)

older versions of the SDK had an installer that put them in the right path.

here are a few threads that dealt with such issues:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/3794467#3794467

http://forums.adobe.com/message/3322601#3322601

http://forums.adobe.com/message/3851554#3851554

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 1, 2011 1:33 AM   in reply to morishuz

search the forum some more for related problems.

you'll see that the path of the SDK has been the center of many problems on both mac and pc.

if i recall correctly, the CS5 SDK was the first to ship without an installer,

and all the problems with the initial setup with the CS5 SDK came from first-time users, who didn't have older versions installed.

the installer also set up some environment variables who's absence can cause some problems.

so it's highly recommended that you try to find an older SDK and find that path.

do other projects compile correctly on your system?

try downloading some simple app project from a different source and see if it compiles correctly.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 1, 2011 2:13 AM   in reply to morishuz

i'm not a good example.

i have it on a separate drive shared between a pc and a mac.

it took a lot of tinkering to get it to work.

if i'll have the time, i'll try to install an older version on my pc and see the default path.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 1, 2011 10:59 AM   in reply to morishuz

Hi Morishuz,

When you installed Visual Studio, did you install the 64-bit compiler?  I believe only the 32-bit compiler is installed by default.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points