Skip navigation
bbq56
Currently Being Moderated

resizing old 3X5 pic's to fill screen and transfer to "My Pictures"

Nov 29, 2011 10:16 AM

Howdy,

Bought PSE to copy old 3X5 pic's from scanner, touch-up, resize and transfer to "My Pictures" on cpu. Watched videos, tried what they said, and everytime I hit "Saved as" it copied the same same pic to file not what I had in the screen after edit. 4 seperate attempts and "Failed"! HELP please-Mark

Replies
  • 99jon
    12,810 posts
    Jan 6, 2010
    Nov 29, 2011 10:26 AM   in reply to bbq56

Some scanners require the TWAIN plug-in but the latest version of PSE puts it in a hidden file.

Go to Applications à Adobe Photoshop Elements 10 à Support Files

Then find Optional Plug-ins à Import Modules

Move the Twain file called Twain.plugin to the regular plug-ins folder by dragging it down into the Import Modules Folder (located below the Filters folder).

Scan your images and save. Then use that as your starting point for editing and saving different versions.

Let us know how you get on and come back if you need more help.

|
    Mark as:
  • 99jon
    12,810 posts
    Jan 6, 2010
    Nov 29, 2011 10:57 AM   in reply to bbq56

OK try scanning your image to your hard drive and saving as tiff or jpeg. Then bring thee image into PSE8 for further editing and saving.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 29, 2011 12:05 PM   in reply to bbq56

got the pic to fill up from border to border

Exactly what steps did you follow to make "the pic fill up from border to border"? Exactly. Details, please.

Watched videos, tried what they said,

Exactly what did you try?

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 29, 2011 12:59 PM   in reply to bbq56

When you use the zoom tool, you are using the digital equivalent of a magnifying glass. Just like a magnifying glass doesn't change the size of your image, you have not changed size of your digital image this way, you have just performed a visual "trick" to make it appear larger. So, when you then do a "Save As", you haven't really changed your image, and that's why the image that you save is not size "zoomed" size.

Comment: perhaps you could explain your goals in a little more detail so that we can help you find a method in the PSE Editor to get you to achieve your goals.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 29, 2011 2:45 PM   in reply to bbq56

What I’m trying to do is take all my old 3X5 pic’s from my photo albums and convert them to digital and put them on my cpu.

Seems like you have done that, I don't see why you are zooming, that is what I was asking about, and you didn't explain that part. And a technical detail, you can't put photos on your CPU. You put them on a disk of some sort.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points