Skip navigation
FresnoDoug
Currently Being Moderated

Photoshop CS5.1 printing issue

Nov 29, 2011 3:06 PM

I am unable to print anything in Photoshop. I just upgraded to CS5.1, 64-bit, from CS3. When I use the print command I get the message "The saved printer information is not compatible with this version of Photoshop, or the saved printer is no longer available. You will need to check your printer settings before printing."

When I click OK, I then get "There was an error opening your printer. Printing functions will not be available until you have selected a printer and reopened any documents."

How can I check my printer settings or select a printer when I can't get the print dialog to appear? I get these messages no matter what files I open.

I have a second computer on which I just did a new install of CS5.1 (not an upgrade), with the same printers and drivers, and it works fine.

Any suggestions?

--Doug

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 29, 2011 5:29 PM   in reply to FresnoDoug

There really is no such thing as an upgrade.  It is all the same program, just a price break.  So you probably have some printer issues left over from the previous version on the computer you "upgraded" to CS5.1.

Check to see it you have the correct printer listed.

If that looks OK you might reset the preferences and it will clean out any junk that might be a problem.  Start PS and IMMEDIATELY hold down the ctrl + alt + shift keys.  You should get a reset window.  A little tricky, so keep trying if it does not work the first time.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points