Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Metadata multiple computers

Dec 1, 2011 11:14 AM

Tags: #bridge #multiple #xmp #metadata #computers

I have a few questions about metadata and Adobe Bridge CS5.1

Firstly, when I export a file from Premiere, I also get and xmp file with it, and as I understood that is the file that holds all metadata information.

Now, when I delete that xmp file, and go in Bridge, I can still edit and save the metadata for video file. Does tha mean that metadata can be embedded in video file itself? For what do I need xmp file than?

Also, when I find that file in Bridge from 2nd computer, I don`t get the metadata that I entered in 1st computer, and if I try to change or add something on 2nd computer, I don`t see changes on 1st computer..?

Thank you for helping me with this..

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 1, 2011 6:20 PM   in reply to eVatrik

Assume you are talking strictly video file, not metadata for photo file.

eVatrik wrote:

Now, when I delete that xmp file, and go in Bridge, I can still edit and save the metadata for video file. Does tha mean that metadata can be embedded in video file itself? For what do I need xmp file than?

Also, when I find that file in Bridge from 2nd computer, I don`t get the metadata that I entered in 1st computer, and if I try to change or add something on 2nd computer, I don`t see changes on 1st computer..?

Not sure at all what the video xmp file holds or even it there is one. I turned on show hidded files and looked at a page of video wmv and avi files and I see no xmp files.  There must be some place where frame rate, # frames, and so forth are held, but maybe someone else can say.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 25, 2012 9:56 AM   in reply to eVatrik

Try these links  for metadata info

Examining Metadata

how to add metadata

hope this helps

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...