Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Sound files not importing

Dec 2, 2011 7:17 PM

Tags: #help #flash #cs5.5 #windows #import #sound #flash_cs5.5 #.wav #.mp3

I have a problem while trying to import any sound file into flash CS5.5. I have not successfully done it since purchasing the program. I have tried opening the file in a sound editor and saving it, as well as trying to convert to a different sound type that is still Flash compatible. I'm trying with .mp3 and .wav files mostly. The error messages i receive are "Couldn't import C://*file location* or else i get"One or more files were not imported because there were problems reading them." I havent figured out a pattern as to why either might be showing or the connection to the file.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 2, 2011 10:27 PM   in reply to MrSigkur

there may be something wrong with the mp3. sometimes i receive mp3 files from clients that i can't import into flash. when that happens, i drag the mp3 into iTunes, select the file, click advanced, click create mp3 version. iTunes creates a new mp3 file which i click and drag out of iTunes (which creates a copy of that new file) into my job folder. flash imports the mp3 i dragged into the job folder. then i go back and delete both versions out of iTunes.

note: if you don't see that option in iTunes, go to iTunes preferences > general > import settings > mp3 encoder

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points