Skip navigation
anni_belle
Currently Being Moderated

Cannot uninstall PSE10 after failed install (Windows 7 Home Premium)

Dec 4, 2011 11:28 AM

Tags: #install #windows #7 #uninstall #pse10 #install_failure

I am trying to install Photoshop Elements 10 from a disk.

The process has gone like this:

1. I restarted my laptop and made sure it's Windows Updates were up-to-date.
  2. I uninstalled the PSE9 trial that I had on this computer (that had expired a while ago).
  3. Restarted laptop.
  4. Put PSE10 disk 1 into drive and ran Autoplay.exe. [Maybe I accidentally ran it twice as at a later point I vaguely remember seening a message box saying 'can't ran ... at the same time' or something like that]
  5. I chose the 'Install PSE10 option' - with no Premier trial.
  6. The install app opened in a normal way and ran for several minutes while I did something else.
  7. When I next looked it was displaying a message saying something like Couldn't install Shared Technologies...
  8. I looked the issue up on the web and found an Adobe page saying to install Adobe Support Advisor, which I did and this identified the issue as "cpsid_83574r3: Read or write file system errors when installing - Creative Suite 5"
  9. There was also a link to a help page which suggested Uninstalling the program, renaming any remaing PSE10 folders and reinstalling.
  10. So I ran Uninstall - by running Autoplay.exe on the disk (couldn't find any other way).
  11. This quickly produced an error and reported that no changes had been made.
  12. I changed the name of the 'Photoshop Elements 10' and 'Elements 10 Organizer' folders anyway. This involved going into safe mode as the first folder would not delete.
  13. Then I tried reinstalling. But everytime I try to reinstall via autoplay.exe it just offers me the uninstall option and this always fails with error message: Error 2343.Specified path is empty

What do I do next????

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 5, 2011 4:02 PM   in reply to anni_belle

I believe you are receiving the 2343 error since you have now renamed the folders.  I would recommend changing the name back and then trying to uninstall by using the Programs and Features option located at Start>Control Panels>Programs & Features.  After the uninstall has completed successfully you will then want to rename the folders as solution 1 suggests.

If you are continuing to have difficulties then I would recommend you work through solution 2 located in Install log "Exit 6" or "Exit 7" read, write system file errors | Creative Suite 5, CS5.5.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 9, 2011 10:23 AM   in reply to anni_belle

Anni_Bello I apologize but I believe your issue is becoming more complex than what we can solve through the forum.  For the best assistance, I recommend our chat support at http://adobe.ly/tl8Vx7.  Our chat representatives can provide a personalized experience to resolve the issue you have described.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points