• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

OpenMQ ColdFusion JMS Gateway

New Here ,
Dec 04, 2011 Dec 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone used OpenMQ with the generic gateway that ships with ColdFusion 8?  Also, is it true that the generic gateway only supports topics and not queues?

Why does the ActiveMQ example provide both but no the generic one?

I'm guessing being that Jrun is a j2ee 1.3 app server, and Open MQ latest needs ee 1.4 that this is a no go. 

Also being that the generic gateway works with 1.0.2 compliant server (jms compliancy guessing) and openMQ is JMS 1.1 standard this is a no go.

Why doesn't anyone respond to any Gateway questions in the adobe forum? 😉

Time to lose Jrun

TOPICS
Event gateways

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 11, 2011 Dec 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

PENNY506 wrote:

Has anyone used OpenMQ with the generic gateway that ships with ColdFusion 8?  Also, is it true that the generic gateway only supports topics and not queues?

I haven't used OpenMQ yet, but have used JORAM. Yes, the generic gateway that ships with ColdFusion supports only Topics. You could adapt it to support Topics as well as Queues.

Why does the ActiveMQ example provide both but no the generic one.

The ActiveMQ example is a worked example, tailor-made to show-case the possibilities of the generic gateway, of which it is an extension.

I'm guessing being that Jrun is a j2ee 1.3 app server, and Open MQ latest needs ee 1.4 that this is a no go. 

Also being that the generic gateway works with 1.0.2 compliant server (jms compliancy guessing) and openMQ is JMS 1.1 standard this is a no go.

Yes, JRun4 is J2EE 1.3 compliant. I am not aware of the requirements for OpenMQ. If OpenMQ indeed requires Java EE 1.4, then the combination with JRun4 may not be a good idea. One reason is, you have to include the JAR file of the application server in the settings in the build.xml for the gateway Java classes.

Converting ColdFusion's generic gateway from JMS1.0.2 to JMS1.1 is relatively simple to solve. Convert the Java code to JMS1.1. Then download the relevant javax.jms.jar file from the web, and copy it to the lib directory of ColdFusion's gateway.

Time to lose Jrun

There are rumours that that has already happened.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation