Skip navigation
Jason Kimmings
Currently Being Moderated

Why does InDesign sometimes NOT package fonts?

Dec 5, 2011 3:10 AM

Tags: #fonts #indesign #packaging

Hi. I'm using the latest version of InDesign and lately, when I package files, I've noticed that the 'document fonts' folder is not always created in the finished packaged folder. There seems to be no pattern to when it does or does not include them. For instance, on one job it did include them, then on the same job when the artwork had been updated, it did not. Same typefaces etc. Any ideas?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 5, 2011 5:28 AM   in reply to Jason Kimmings

You could start with what version of InDesign (sorry, but “latest version” is red flag around here), what operating system and what type of fonts you’re using.

Bob

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 5, 2011 6:28 AM   in reply to Jason Kimmings

Okay. So you do not have the latest version but you do have the most recent patch for CS5. I know there were some issues with Type 1 fonts but I’ve heard nothing about issues with Opentype or TrueType especially on Windows.

Sorry, but I really don’t what to tell you.

Bob

|
    Mark as:
  • John Hawkinson
    5,572 posts
    Jun 25, 2009
    Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 5, 2011 6:28 AM   in reply to Jason Kimmings

At the risk of being obvious, I assume you have verified that the "Copy Fonts" checkbox is always checked when you run the Package command?

p.s.: CS5 is not the "latest version of InDesign." That would be CS5.5 7.5.2.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 7, 2012 11:26 AM   in reply to Jason Kimmings

We are experiencing the same thing with one user. On a Mac OS 10.7 and InDesign CS 5.5. We are using fontexplorer Server. His inDesign is not packaging the fonts. I have reset preferences, Reset OS X permissions. I am at a loss at what to do.Everything is updated to the current updates.  All of the other Artists (5) package them with no issues.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points