Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

missing font verdana

Dec 05, 2011 Dec 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my pdf file  from Air canada says missing font verdana , i have looked on my system and it says its present. i can not print pdf file . any suggestions ???? it comes out little squares ??

thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 06, 2011 Dec 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are many versions of Verdana Acrobat doesn't treat them all the same. Nevertheless you should be able to print and view the file using Adobe's font substitution technology. Since that is not working here, I'd suspect that either the font embedded into the pdf is corrupt or the file itself is corrupt. You can see if you can print the file using the print as image checkbox.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Dec 06, 2011 Dec 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike

Thanks for the follow up, I tried the image print , it just prints little squares. The only document doing it is Air Canada itineraries. I looked up Verdana font and the system shows it is there ?

Any other suggestions

Thanks Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Dec 19, 2011 Dec 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure if that would help but turn on "Use local fonts" in Preferences>Page DisplayPicture 1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hI ReneG

IT IS TICKED ā€œUSE Local Fontsā€ ?? , still same problem , thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK.

If it's nothing confidential, you could give us a link to the pdf for us to see if we have the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do I email to you ?

Sent from my iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just sent you my email address.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just for the record, I got the same error message on my desktop Mac.

I opened the pdf in Illustrator and the Verdana font showed fine. Everything was there. I re-saved the Illustrator file as a pdf and that pdf was readable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2015 May 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting exactly the same problem and I don't have Illustrator.  It has been almost 4 years.  Is there no fix for this yet?  Where does the problem lie and how do I fix it.  I need to see my new Air Canada itinerary asap as I leave in a couple of days.  PLEASE HELP ASAP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 17, 2015 Oct 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with an Air Canada PDF.

OS X's Preview app (OS X Yosemite in my case) opens it up with fonts showing. When the PDF is resaved in Preview, Acrobat can open and display the font with no problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2019 Sep 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Yes but you can't print it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2015 Oct 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right click on the ETIR ticket file in the email you would have received from Air Canada; click on "Open With"; choose one of the image apps that may be on your computer (photoshop, preview, illustrator, etc.) that will open a PDF. Choose print in the App's File menu.

This worked for me using Preview on my iMac.  I called Air Canada long ago and asked them to fix this PDF print problem, but they must not think it important enough . And yes, I went through the nonsense of downloading the Verdana Bold font that the ETIR file said was missing, only to find it was already there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines