Skip navigation
MulberryWriter
Currently Being Moderated

CS4 InDesign (and Illustrator) not printing in Lion OS environment

Dec 5, 2011 3:58 PM

Tags: #cs4 #mac #indesign

I have had no trouble installing CS4 in a Lion environment on my Mac.  However, while I can open and edit files, I cannot print anything.  Nor can I edit or change the print presents or anything at all related to printing.  InDesign (and Illustrator) just drop out.  Bang.  Just like that.  No error reporting at all.  Photoshop, however, prints just fine.  I get crash report dialog boxes for both Adobe and Apple but have so far had no answers.  PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN

BTW I have called Adobe several times, waited literallly for hours, and once paid for support but the line dropped out.  Next call, another wait of between 30 minutes and 1.5 hours, and the call dropped out again.  I am so cross.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 7, 2011 6:15 AM   in reply to MulberryWriter

I had this problem years ago with InDesign CS2. A temporary fix is to export your files as a pdf. Hope this helps.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 7, 2011 8:03 AM   in reply to MulberryWriter

Unfortunately, this is a user to user forum, and rarely does anyone from Adobe cross path here with the users, nor do the customer care staff. Sorry you had issues with them though, I personally have never dealt with them.

Considering both programs are acting "wonky", perhaps you could try to install your printer again. Or perhaps get an updated Driver for the printer?

I'm not a Mac user. But when I was, peripherals on my Mac went wonky with new installs of software regularly. It was always worth unplugging the peripheral, restarting the computer and see if the issue persists.

I'd try rebooting the the computer without the printer plugged in. Then once booted, install the printer again. And see if it helps.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 3, 2012 4:07 PM   in reply to MulberryWriter

Hi MulberryWriter, can you share with us the steps that Adobe walked you throught to get Indesign CS4 to stop crashing on print option?  I'm having the same issue and would love to circumvent as quickly as possible.  Thanks!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points