Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

TOC indenting a heading that shouldn't be indented

Explorer ,
Dec 05, 2011 Dec 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Gang!

I've created a TOC for a book and the TOC entries for the two divider pages are indenting when they should not be. The TOC style for the divider page heading has no indentation and the entry on the TOC reference page looks correct. To make things stranger, the two entries are indenting by different amounts in the TOC.

Here's a screen capture that shows 1) the first TOC entry (indented a lot), 2) the second TOC entry (indented less, but still indented), and 3) the divider page style on the reference page.

I'm stumped.

Does anyone have any ideas why this indentation would be happening?

Many thanks!

TOC.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Dec 06, 2011 Dec 06, 2011

Rocky,

OR, control-click the text frame and UNCHECK allow for sideheads. For reasons unknow to me, sometimes Framemaker turns this on when you are creating a new TOC or Index.

Van

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Dec 05, 2011 Dec 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like there's a sidehead being applied to the first & second TOC entries. Check your tags, i.e. place your cursor in each and look at the Status bar. If you see an asterisk (*) after the tag name, there's an override.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Dec 06, 2011 Dec 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rocky,

OR, control-click the text frame and UNCHECK allow for sideheads. For reasons unknow to me, sometimes Framemaker turns this on when you are creating a new TOC or Index.

Van

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I'll try this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Van, you did it! That was the problem! Thank you very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines