Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Cannot find or create font...

Dec 7, 2011 3:34 PM

I searched the forum before posting this and found discussions where it seemed like people were having the same problem as me. But, after reading, mine seems different.

To start, I am using AutoCAD 2011 with Windows 7 and am exporting to PDF. With some of those PDFs, reader prompts me that it "Cannot find or create the font 'ArialMT'. Some characters may not display or print correctly.

Note I said "some".. What seems to make my case different is that I plotted 8 PDFs that worked fine. I got to number 9 and got this message. Number 10 did the same, and then number 11 was fine??

I tried erasing the text, chaging the type and then changing it back.. I tried all kinds of stuff hoping that something would just kind of "kick it in the butt". It has even gotten to the point that I have one piece of text that has two lines, and the top line will not display but the bottom line will. Now THAT really makes no sense!

Any ideas what could be happening?

Thankyou

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 7, 2011 3:56 PM   in reply to buhrito

It sounds like the font information isn't being embedded properly. I know a lot of the MT fonts will not embed (a licensing issue with MS). Go to File>Properties>Fonts. Does it list ArialMT and does it say embedded or embedded subset next to it?

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 21, 2012 5:31 PM   in reply to buhrito

Fantastic. I had the same problem Same error in Properties, in my case it was the degree symbol in a dimension on one layout.

I turned the dimension to text and exchanged the original Arial symbol for a Times New Roman one and it work.

I also made sure that all fonts were embedded out of AutoCAD 2011 (dwg to pdf.pc3 > Custom Properties > Capture some > Edit Font list > Check All)

Pdf works perfectly now.

Thankyou

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points