Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Tutorial out of sync

Dec 8, 2011 12:19 PM

Tags: #toolbar #photoshop_touch #out_of_sync #ps_touch_tutorial #tool_selection

Hello,

I am brand new to Photoshop Touch. Just purchased, dowmloaded and installed it before I ran the very first step of the very first tutorial by clicking the highlighted button (see here). The result was this.

TutOutofSync.jpg

Any help would be highly appreciated. Thanks,

Gabor

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 8, 2011 9:25 AM   in reply to grevesz

- Please go back to step 1.

- Tap and slide down to the Selection tools and choose the “Scribble Selection Tool” from the tool fly-out menu.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 8, 2011 11:49 AM   in reply to grevesz

Hi Gabor,

You'll get that message about the tutorial being out of sync if you attempt to advance through the tutorial without actually completing the steps. Its basically telling you to back up and complete the steps. Use the arrow pointing to the left on left side of the light bulb icon to go to the previous step.

All of the tools are on the bar on the left hand side of the interface. The currently selected tool will appear at the top of the list. When you select a tool, the toolbar changes to options for that specific tool. If you tap the top selected tool again, it will change to showing them all again. All of the tool sections on the toolbar except the eraser have more than one tool inside. If you hold your finger down on the Magic wand one for example it will show all of the ones for that section, one of which is the scribble selection.

Does that help?

-Dave

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 8, 2011 12:18 PM   in reply to grevesz

Hi Gabor,

It can take some practice when first learning to select the tools from the toolbar. Here is a little video clip from Russell Brown's overview video that demonstrate how to select the tools from the toolbar.

I hope this helps.

Luanne

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 21, 2012 6:51 PM   in reply to Luanne Seymour

The Scribble Selection Tool is missing my from toolbar.  I have an Asus Transformer Prime 201 and am wondering if the missing Scribble Selection Tool is an Android issue ...?  Have seen a Samsung Galaxy user express the same complaint.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 23, 2012 6:55 AM   in reply to grevesz

I finally got it... did not realize that holding my finger on the magic wand would produce a subset of other tools to the right of the magic wand tool.  Thank you all for your patience in dealing with newbies like me.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 3, 2012 4:15 PM   in reply to GSchill

Here is a Photoshop Touch navigation tutorial that can help those who just acquired the app get started quickly:

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points