• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Printed doc topics listed in WinXP Recent Documents list

New Here ,
Dec 09, 2011 Dec 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently upgraded to RoboHelp 9 from 7. I generated a printed doc and each topic is listed in the Recent Documents list in Windows XP, as follows:

recent-documents.gif

The file names all begin with $HtmlDoc_Chapter_... By the way, these files can't be found once you click one of the names. It looks like some temporary files made during generation. The point is, I don't want them in my Recent Documents list. How can I prevent this from happening?

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am I right in thinking you are generating a Master Document and Sub Documents?

The problem here is that RoboHelp has to create a number of temporary documents in the process and Word notes any documents created. I doubt that RoboHelp can stop Word doing what it is set up to do. There is no interface option so pPlease follow this link and report it as a bug or feature request, depending on your point of view.

http://www.Adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform&product=38

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried it again by deselecting the Create master document check box in the Print Document General dialog, and the same thing happened. So I guess generating a single document is always considered a master/sub-document situation by Word. I think I will submit a request.

Thanks, Peter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

More likely Master / Sub is just something that creates lots of temp docs whereas a single RoboHelp document creates a single addition, either way they are going to appear in your list.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp