Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Printed doc topics listed in WinXP Recent Documents list

Dec 9, 2011 6:03 AM

I recently upgraded to RoboHelp 9 from 7. I generated a printed doc and each topic is listed in the Recent Documents list in Windows XP, as follows:

recent-documents.gif

The file names all begin with $HtmlDoc_Chapter_... By the way, these files can't be found once you click one of the names. It looks like some temporary files made during generation. The point is, I don't want them in my Recent Documents list. How can I prevent this from happening?

Thank you.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 9, 2011 6:39 AM   in reply to DMilkes

Am I right in thinking you are generating a Master Document and Sub Documents?

The problem here is that RoboHelp has to create a number of temporary documents in the process and Word notes any documents created. I doubt that RoboHelp can stop Word doing what it is set up to do. There is no interface option so pPlease follow this link and report it as a bug or feature request, depending on your point of view.

http://www.Adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform&product=38

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 9, 2011 7:20 AM   in reply to DMilkes

More likely Master / Sub is just something that creates lots of temp docs whereas a single RoboHelp document creates a single addition, either way they are going to appear in your list.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points