Skip navigation
mkb33445
Currently Being Moderated

installation problem with Photoshop Elements 10 and Premiere Elements 10

Dec 10, 2011 2:16 PM

Tags: #adobe_download_assistant

I purchased in a package Photoshop Elements 10 as well as Premiere Elements 10.  It comes with 5 disc....When I install the first disc it does not ask for the 2nd disc once the first disc is done.  When the first one was done the option was hit finish and I did and that was it.  It did not request the next disc.  What do I do?

Thanks

Jim

Replies 1 2 Previous Next
  • Gautham K
    782 posts
    Nov 8, 2010
    Dec 12, 2011 5:06 AM   in reply to mkb33445

Hi,

Disc 1 contains the installer for Windows 32 bit.

Disc 2 contains the installer for Windows 7 64 bit.

Disc 3 contains the installer for mac OS.

Disc 4 is the Adobe Premiere Elements content disc for Windows.

Disc 5 is the Adobe Premiere Elements content disc for Mac OS.

You can install from Disc1, 2 or 3 depending on the operating system your computer is running on.

Thanks

|
    Mark as:
  • Gautham K
    782 posts
    Nov 8, 2010
    Dec 12, 2011 9:54 AM   in reply to mkb33445

Hi Jim,

You can certainly post here in case you have further issues.

Thanks

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 12, 2011 8:01 PM   in reply to mkb33445

Irrespective of the disc you use, you will be prompted for the serial number. I am guessing that the step at which you are asked for the serial number might vary across installation discs.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 12, 2011 8:02 PM   in reply to Preran

I'd also recco this article : http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/863/cpsid_86374.html

|
    Mark as:
  • Gautham K
    782 posts
    Nov 8, 2010
    Dec 13, 2011 3:32 AM   in reply to mkb33445

Hi Jim,

That should not cause any issues in future. You can also reference the document provided above by Preran which runs through the step by step process of installation for Premiere Elements and Photoshop Elements.

Thanks

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 13, 2011 9:47 AM   in reply to Gautham K

Elements installed OK from disk 2, but I have been unable to install Premiere.  Disk 5 loads the "content", but there is something missing.

When I use disk 2 to try to load Premiere, I get a message "This installation package is not supported by this processor type.  Contact your product vendor."

|
    Mark as:
  • Gautham K
    782 posts
    Nov 8, 2010
    Dec 13, 2011 9:50 AM   in reply to Pricemw

Hi Pricemw,

What operating system and processor is your computer running on?

I would suggest that you verify if your computer meets the minimum system requirement for Premiere Elements 10.

You can find the same here : PRE10 Tech Specs.

Thanks

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 13, 2011 10:09 AM   in reply to Gautham K

I am running Windows 7 on a Dell T3500, which uses a Intel Xeon 5500 series processor.  Data bus is 64 bits, and processor runs at 2.1 g.  All the minimum requirements are met as far as I can tell.

|
    Mark as:
  • Gautham K
    782 posts
    Nov 8, 2010
    Dec 13, 2011 10:58 AM   in reply to Pricemw

Hi,

I would recommend going through the troubleshooting steps in this document:

Troubleshoot Premiere Elements 10 & Photoshop Elements 10 Installation

Please let us know if it resolves the issue.

Thanks

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 13, 2011 3:35 PM   in reply to Gautham K

The troubleshooting link was of absolutely no help.  Except...that somehow a "chat" window opened.  Of course, that was for customer service, and after a few exchanges I was moved over to tech support.

The tech support solution was to install Premiere Elements using disk 1.  I did that, and it seems to work.  However, I wonder if I am running Premiere elements in 32 bit mode.  Photoshop elements 10 installed from disk 2 with no problems.  And again, there should be no reason that my computer doesn't meet minimum requirements.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 22, 2011 12:19 PM   in reply to mkb33445

Hi there, I'm receiving the message "This installation package is not supported by this processor type. Contact your product vendor" The copy I have  was bundled with a digital camera I purchased and was sealed in a celophane wrapper so I'm assuming it is legitimate. There are two DVD discs in the case. One marked for MAC. One marked for Windows.

Please help anyone

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 24, 2011 1:07 PM   in reply to orton.1963

I am having the same issue as orton, two discs, neither of which seem to support Windows XP which is what I am running.  Any help would be appreciated.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 20, 2012 7:04 AM   in reply to mkb33445

Very poor install instructions and labeling from very good company, tisk tisk.

|
    Mark as:
    May 4, 2012 2:38 AM   in reply to Gautham K

Hi,

I am having the same difficulties to install Adobe Premiere Elements 10 from Disc 2 on my Windows 7 Pro 64-Bit.

After starting the "setup.exe" I can choose the language and if I click on continue, the installer seems to start and says the it is configuring the windows installer.

After a few seconds the window closes and nothing happens then. For each run of the "setup.exe" I get a process msiexec which seem to be left running.

The system requirements are exceeded by my system. I have followed the troubleshooting guides but nothing helped.

I have also tried to use the trial download verison, but this show exactly the same behaviour.

I have tried the following:

* disabling of antivirus software

* clean up temporary files

* reregister the windows installer

* run the setup.exe as administrator

* copy the content on the HDD and rename the folder to a short name

Once again, nothing of the above actions helped.

I am really disappointed at this stage, because for me it is "only" a video editiing application and not a ring-0 kernel mode debugger or anything similiar which has to be installed on the system, so I do not understand why such an easy task as the installation of a piece of application software from a famous company as Adobe could cause so much trouble.

|
    Mark as:
    May 15, 2012 5:07 AM   in reply to cille75

Hi again,

I finally managed to resolve my problem.

The 64-Bit version of the MSI Installer was broken.

I have found a lot of repair instructions for the installer, but they always only mentioned the 32-bit version of msiexec.

Then, I have found this KB entry: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315346/en-us

This paragraph is important:

"Note For 64-bit operating systems, you also have to reregister the 64-bit MSI installer. To do this, click Start, click Run, type %windir%\Syswow64\Msiexec /regserver in the Open text box, and then click OK."

After I followed the above note and restartet my Windows 7 Professional, the installation of Adobe Premiere Elements worked without any problems!

|
    Mark as:
    May 17, 2012 4:03 AM   in reply to Gautham K

Please can you help me too.  I installed Photoshop elements 10 and had power failure.  It loaded but didn't work properly.  I tried uninstalling from "Add/Remove programmes" but couldn't find it.  Then I used System mechanic to remove.  Now I am trying to reinstall but wants to uninstall.  Keeps on saying cannot find path 2343.  What do I do now?  Programme is now useless to me.  PLEASE PRETTY PLEASE HELP

|
    Mark as:
    May 22, 2012 12:13 PM   in reply to cille75

I have not been able to download Elements 10 and Premier Elements 10, after they disappeared (again) from my Dell Inspiron 620, OS Windows 7 64 bit.  I've spent time with Chat and WAY too much time trying to download the 2 programs for the 3rd time.  When they were still up and running the last time, Elements frequently closed, both  Organizer and Editor.  I believe they (and Elements 9, as well) were causing the same closing problem with my MS Office 2010 and IE 9.  I've "communicated" with Adobe numerous times and gotten nowhere.

I thought I wuold order the discs, but upon reading the complaints of those who have done so, I'm not at all sure that will help.

When I click on the KB entry "http://support.microsoft.com/kb/351346/en-us in your report above (May 17 5:03 AM), the window that opened said:

This article applies to a different version of Windows than the one you are using.  Content in this article

may not be relevant to you.

The article refered to:

Error message when you try  to add or remove a program on a computer that is running Windows XP

or Windows Server 2003: "The Windows Installer service could not be accessed"

Is there any hope for downloading and installing a working version of Elements 10 and Premier Elements 10?

KL

|
    Mark as:
    May 22, 2012 11:25 PM   in reply to Kay Latona

I must say that I have had not luck.  Disks are useless to me. 

Miri van Straaten

|
    Mark as:
    May 23, 2012 1:27 PM   in reply to Miri van Straaten

I used the disk and found it easy to install.  I just was not aware that I

had to insert disk #4 for additional themes.  Over all I found that the

options of themes and clipart is very limited.

I am currently shopping for additional themes and clipart to upload into my

system.

Premier Elements is great for blending and adding soundtracks just needs

more themes and clip art.  I thought by joining the Memebership that I

would have access to more but was a bit disappointed.

|
    Mark as:
    May 30, 2012 6:54 PM   in reply to sanlis0509

I bought Elements and premier bundle today for new windows 7 on new 64 bit computer. Installed using disk 1 (couldn't read the very very fine print on the dick that tells me the "start" with disk 2. When I then tried disk 2 it wants to uninstall elements and as I couldn't find a path around I was cgoing to but found a note somewhere (can't remember where) that says: IF YOU UNINSTALL WITHOUT DEACTIVATING THE KEY THAN YOU LOSE ONE OF THE 2 AVAILABLE KEYS. The deactivation command is supposed to be on the help file but was nowhere to be found. It took a while but finally opened up a new file in the program (that actually looked ok with disk 1), and that naughty deactivation key showed up on the help tab. So, then loaded using disk 2 and all ok except thwe install just stops at the end and I have 3 disks left in the box. Skipped disk 3 for a Mac install and tried  #4 and it downloded templates or something ok. Tried disk 5 and nothing happened at all. There are files there for Premium I think but couldn't find anything I wanted to click.Disk 3 also does nothing but spin.

So, I think I have 1 of 2 programs installed and I'm up about 20 points on my blood pressure.

Adobe, please send me a fix of some kind that allows the rest of the install to complete.

|
    Mark as:
    May 30, 2012 11:08 PM   in reply to BuddyHoo

I think it is absolutely pathetic.  I wonder if Adobe ever reads this.  I

had to buy a laptop to use the programme because there is NO fix to

uninstall from my desktop.  I can install but then the organiser is not

working and I have spent MANY hours on the help line without anu success.

They cannot help me and that is why I had to buy a laptop.  Every programme

that I know of has a uninstall link.  Photoshop elements 10 has nothing and

seems to me no other programme of Adobe has it.

Miri van Straaten

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 1, 2012 12:39 PM   in reply to Miri van Straaten

Did you try the installation disk? That is how I uninstalled my first attempt. Place the same disk back to your dvd player and the only path forward is to allow the disk to uninstall the program. Make sure though that you deactivate the “key” on the help tab of the program and remember you need to start a new catalog or open an old one to see the deactivate button on the help tab.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 4, 2012 7:10 AM   in reply to BuddyHoo

Yes my friend.  I have uninstalled, reinstalled and then my organizer is not

working.  My disks are worthless on the desktop.  I have spoken to adobe and

nobody can help.

Miri van Straaten

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 17, 2012 1:50 PM   in reply to BuddyHoo

I just did the EXACT thing!   As I was installing from Disk 1, I got this bad feeling that things were going too easily.  So, I got my magnifying glass to  read the tiny, tiny writing on Disk 2....My reading glasses are bi-focals, and I still couldn't read the lettering.  By turning up the lights to 120 footcandles psf, (Operating Room light levels) there it was......."TO INSTALL FOR WINDOWS 7 64-BIT, START WITH DISK 2!".

I stopped after installing the first disk....What do I do? 

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 17, 2012 2:44 PM   in reply to waynetopping1

No need to worry , just uninstall the software from the Control panel--->Add /Remove programs and re-install from Disk 2

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 17, 2012 3:42 PM   in reply to Manish-Sharma

hello, I downloaded mine from the Adobe site and did not get discs...is this a problem?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 17, 2012 3:55 PM   in reply to waynetopping1

What I did was deactivate the installation to save the registration key for another install. To do that you need to have a catalog started and look under the help tab for “deactivate” or if you are restarting the program, hit the edit tab (not organise) and the help/deactivate will show up.

Then uninstall using control panel

Then reinstall using the wonderful disk #2.

Hope this helps

BuddyHoo

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 19, 2012 4:15 AM   in reply to waynetopping1

My problem is now sorted out.  I had windows reloaded.  That was the ONLY

way I could get photoshop to install and work again.  Didn't want to install

the organizer

Miri van Straaten

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 19, 2012 9:56 AM   in reply to Miri van Straaten

Please tell me how you "had windows reloaded."

I assume you are running Windows 7?  64-bit?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 9, 2012 8:15 PM   in reply to mkb33445

I am still having problems downloading Photoshop 10. It says that the program is downloaded. As I continue it says that it  can't be opened because it is the wrong type of file?

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 13, 2012 7:23 PM   in reply to dream34pics

I'm having the exact same problem dream34pics.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 26, 2012 2:02 AM   in reply to whatnext1

I have to say that for a reputable company such as Adobe, the instructions for download are totally non existent. The download for purchases on line are controlled by Digital River. I had problems with downloading as the link on the email confirming my purchase didn't work finally found the url link by pasting the email in Front Page and reading the source.

When I finally got through I was advised by the Digital River customer service that I had had too many attempts at downloading the software. When I sent a mail to CS at Digital I received this reply:

"Unfortunately, we do not handle the customer service for Adobe Systems,

Inc. Home. Please contact them directly with your request through one of

the following methods:

Customer Service URL: http://www.adobe.com/ap/support

Customer Service Phone: If available, the regional numbers will be

listed at the URL above. 

We apologize for the inconvenience."

I have now run around the adobe site trying to find a way to download the products, but no joy so far.

I tried to get customer serice to call me back , but this service is not available for my country, Thailand.

The final way I am told is to make a call to the customer service at the number listed on my confirmation email.

I already called this number (which I believe I have to pay for) and spent some 10 minutes on the line to what I believe was someone located in India who said he would send me a link for downloading the software.

As they say in the song .... I'm still waiting!!!!!

Adobe, shame on you. Please get your act together. Why can't you handle your own customer service rather than sub contract it out. You charge enough for the product which more than covers the cost

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 3, 2012 1:45 PM   in reply to Gautham K

What about Adobe Photoshop Elements 10(the one with only three disks)?

I have installed disk one, but when I try to install disk two it says serial number is invalid.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 23, 2012 2:45 AM   in reply to mkb33445

I installed Elements 10 and Premier 10, but then the Elements program said to update the Adobe Photoshop.com Inspiration Browser. It failed to load. The program said to deinstall the Adobe Photoshop.com Inspiration Browser program. I did this, but now Adobe Photoshop.com Inspiration Browser will still not reinstall.  I had already installed Adobe Air, but that has no effect as your update program cannot see the Air program. How to reinstall the updated Adobe Photoshop.com Inspiration Browser?

|
    Mark as:
    Calculating status...
    Sep 23, 2012 7:53 AM   in reply to gjnano

I've given up on trying to get Elements 10 to load properly. Unless I first reboot my system, it simply plays dead!

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 23, 2012 1:52 PM   in reply to mkb33445

I purchased Photo Shop Elements in 2007 and had a computer crash and lost my program.  I want to download again and install.  I Don't have Disks it was Downloaded.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 28, 2012 8:48 PM   in reply to gjnano

@gjnano,

I am having exactly the same problem with the Inspiration Browser! After dutifully uninstalling the thing because a pop-up told me I should get the update, the installer hung up on my Adobe AIR, which I had successfully updated, but the installer ignored. Instead it told me it had to install AIR in order to load the Browser update, which it immediately informed me it couldn't do, due to a download error, but did I wish to retry? As you no doubt know, it did not matter that I did so wish, the same thing happened every time. I would appreciate it if I could wait here with you on this bench so I can jump on the bus to salvation when it comes for you. Thank you, you are most kind. Gum?

|
    Mark as:
1 2 Previous Next
Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points