• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

installation problem with Photoshop Elements 10 and Premiere Elements 10

Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2011 Dec 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased in a package Photoshop Elements 10 as well as Premiere Elements 10.  It comes with 5 disc....When I install the first disc it does not ask for the 2nd disc once the first disc is done.  When the first one was done the option was hit finish and I did and that was it.  It did not request the next disc.  What do I do?

Thanks

Jim

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Dec 12, 2011 Dec 12, 2011

Hi,

Disc 1 contains the installer for Windows 32 bit.

Disc 2 contains the installer for Windows 7 64 bit.

Disc 3 contains the installer for mac OS.

Disc 4 is the Adobe Premiere Elements content disc for Windows.

Disc 5 is the Adobe Premiere Elements content disc for Mac OS.

You can install from Disc1, 2 or 3 depending on the operating system your computer is running on.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Disc 1 contains the installer for Windows 32 bit.

Disc 2 contains the installer for Windows 7 64 bit.

Disc 3 contains the installer for mac OS.

Disc 4 is the Adobe Premiere Elements content disc for Windows.

Disc 5 is the Adobe Premiere Elements content disc for Mac OS.

You can install from Disc1, 2 or 3 depending on the operating system your computer is running on.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gautham K

Thank you for responding, I really appreciate it. I won't be able to do

anything with this until tomorrow night after work. If I have further

problems, may I contact you this way?

Jim Birch

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim,

You can certainly post here in case you have further issues.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gautham,

Installed the 2nd disc for my 64 bit system and it asked for a License

number. When I installed the Premiere disc for Windows it did not ask for

the License number. Is that normal and will it cause problems down the

road?

Thanks

Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Irrespective of the disc you use, you will be prompted for the serial number. I am guessing that the step at which you are asked for the serial number might vary across installation discs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd also recco this article : http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/863/cpsid_86374.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 13, 2011 Dec 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim,

That should not cause any issues in future. You can also reference the document provided above by Preran which runs through the step by step process of installation for Premiere Elements and Photoshop Elements.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Elements installed OK from disk 2, but I have been unable to install Premiere.  Disk 5 loads the "content", but there is something missing.

When I use disk 2 to try to load Premiere, I get a message "This installation package is not supported by this processor type.  Contact your product vendor."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pricemw,

What operating system and processor is your computer running on?

I would suggest that you verify if your computer meets the minimum system requirement for Premiere Elements 10.

You can find the same here : PRE10 Tech Specs.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Windows 7 on a Dell T3500, which uses a Intel Xeon 5500 series processor.  Data bus is 64 bits, and processor runs at 2.1 g.  All the minimum requirements are met as far as I can tell.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I would recommend going through the troubleshooting steps in this document:

Troubleshoot Premiere Elements 10 & Photoshop Elements 10 Installation

Please let us know if it resolves the issue.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The troubleshooting link was of absolutely no help.  Except...that somehow a "chat" window opened.  Of course, that was for customer service, and after a few exchanges I was moved over to tech support.

The tech support solution was to install Premiere Elements using disk 1.  I did that, and it seems to work.  However, I wonder if I am running Premiere elements in 32 bit mode.  Photoshop elements 10 installed from disk 2 with no problems.  And again, there should be no reason that my computer doesn't meet minimum requirements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2012 May 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am having the same difficulties to install Adobe Premiere Elements 10 from Disc 2 on my Windows 7 Pro 64-Bit.

After starting the "setup.exe" I can choose the language and if I click on continue, the installer seems to start and says the it is configuring the windows installer.

After a few seconds the window closes and nothing happens then. For each run of the "setup.exe" I get a process msiexec which seem to be left running.

The system requirements are exceeded by my system. I have followed the troubleshooting guides but nothing helped.

I have also tried to use the trial download verison, but this show exactly the same behaviour.

I have tried the following:

* disabling of antivirus software

* clean up temporary files

* reregister the windows installer

* run the setup.exe as administrator

* copy the content on the HDD and rename the folder to a short name

Once again, nothing of the above actions helped.

I am really disappointed at this stage, because for me it is "only" a video editiing application and not a ring-0 kernel mode debugger or anything similiar which has to be installed on the system, so I do not understand why such an easy task as the installation of a piece of application software from a famous company as Adobe could cause so much trouble.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2012 May 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again,

I finally managed to resolve my problem.

The 64-Bit version of the MSI Installer was broken.

I have found a lot of repair instructions for the installer, but they always only mentioned the 32-bit version of msiexec.

Then, I have found this KB entry: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315346/en-us

This paragraph is important:

"Note For 64-bit operating systems, you also have to reregister the 64-bit MSI installer. To do this, click Start, click Run, type %windir%\Syswow64\Msiexec /regserver in the Open text box, and then click OK."

After I followed the above note and restartet my Windows 7 Professional, the installation of Adobe Premiere Elements worked without any problems!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2012 May 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not been able to download Elements 10 and Premier Elements 10, after they disappeared (again) from my Dell Inspiron 620, OS Windows 7 64 bit.  I've spent time with Chat and WAY too much time trying to download the 2 programs for the 3rd time.  When they were still up and running the last time, Elements frequently closed, both  Organizer and Editor.  I believe they (and Elements 9, as well) were causing the same closing problem with my MS Office 2010 and IE 9.  I've "communicated" with Adobe numerous times and gotten nowhere.

I thought I wuold order the discs, but upon reading the complaints of those who have done so, I'm not at all sure that will help.

When I click on the KB entry "http://support.microsoft.com/kb/351346/en-us in your report above (May 17 5:03 AM), the window that opened said:

This article applies to a different version of Windows than the one you are using.  Content in this article

may not be relevant to you.

The article refered to:

Error message when you try  to add or remove a program on a computer that is running Windows XP

or Windows Server 2003: "The Windows Installer service could not be accessed"

Is there any hope for downloading and installing a working version of Elements 10 and Premier Elements 10?

KL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2012 May 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I must say that I have had not luck. Disks are useless to me.

Miri van Straaten

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 23, 2012 May 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used the disk and found it easy to install. I just was not aware that I

had to insert disk #4 for additional themes. Over all I found that the

options of themes and clipart is very limited.

I am currently shopping for additional themes and clipart to upload into my

system.

Premier Elements is great for blending and adding soundtracks just needs

more themes and clip art. I thought by joining the Memebership that I

would have access to more but was a bit disappointed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2012 May 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought Elements and premier bundle today for new windows 7 on new 64 bit computer. Installed using disk 1 (couldn't read the very very fine print on the dick that tells me the "start" with disk 2. When I then tried disk 2 it wants to uninstall elements and as I couldn't find a path around I was cgoing to but found a note somewhere (can't remember where) that says: IF YOU UNINSTALL WITHOUT DEACTIVATING THE KEY THAN YOU LOSE ONE OF THE 2 AVAILABLE KEYS. The deactivation command is supposed to be on the help file but was nowhere to be found. It took a while but finally opened up a new file in the program (that actually looked ok with disk 1), and that naughty deactivation key showed up on the help tab. So, then loaded using disk 2 and all ok except thwe install just stops at the end and I have 3 disks left in the box. Skipped disk 3 for a Mac install and tried  #4 and it downloded templates or something ok. Tried disk 5 and nothing happened at all. There are files there for Premium I think but couldn't find anything I wanted to click.Disk 3 also does nothing but spin.

So, I think I have 1 of 2 programs installed and I'm up about 20 points on my blood pressure.

Adobe, please send me a fix of some kind that allows the rest of the install to complete.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2012 May 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it is absolutely pathetic. I wonder if Adobe ever reads this. I

had to buy a laptop to use the programme because there is NO fix to

uninstall from my desktop. I can install but then the organiser is not

working and I have spent MANY hours on the help line without anu success.

They cannot help me and that is why I had to buy a laptop. Every programme

that I know of has a uninstall link. Photoshop elements 10 has nothing and

seems to me no other programme of Adobe has it.

Miri van Straaten

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2012 Jun 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try the installation disk? That is how I uninstalled my first attempt. Place the same disk back to your dvd player and the only path forward is to allow the disk to uninstall the program. Make sure though that you deactivate the “key” on the help tab of the program and remember you need to start a new catalog or open an old one to see the deactivate button on the help tab.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2012 Jun 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes my friend. I have uninstalled, reinstalled and then my organizer is not

working. My disks are worthless on the desktop. I have spoken to adobe and

nobody can help.

Miri van Straaten

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2012 Jun 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just did the EXACT thing!   As I was installing from Disk 1, I got this bad feeling that things were going too easily.  So, I got my magnifying glass to  read the tiny, tiny writing on Disk 2....My reading glasses are bi-focals, and I still couldn't read the lettering.  By turning up the lights to 120 footcandles psf, (Operating Room light levels) there it was......."TO INSTALL FOR WINDOWS 7 64-BIT, START WITH DISK 2!".

I stopped after installing the first disk....What do I do? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No need to worry , just uninstall the software from the Control panel--->Add /Remove programs and re-install from Disk 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello, I downloaded mine from the Adobe site and did not get discs...is this a problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines