Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Splicing together fragmented video files...?

Dec 12, 2011 10:13 AM

Hello Forum,

For long video recordings, my video camera, a Panasonic HDC-TM700, seems to divide it up into individual files of nearly exactly 4Gb per file, presumably with some supplementary information in another file that says how to splice these together. When I play these recordings in Panasonic's own software (HD Writer), it plays is seemlessly. However, when I import these into PP CS5.5, it sees the individual 4Gb fragments. If I import each of these and put them together on the timeline, I get brief, but very annoying gaps in both the video and audio tracks.

Is there someway to splice these fragments together seemlessly in PP, e.g. by incorporating the supplementary information that HD writer uses in playing these as one continuous file?

Thanks.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 12, 2011 10:27 AM   in reply to rufusclyde

Make sure you transfer the entire root folder on the card, not just the video files, over to your hard drive.  Then use PP's Media Browser to navigate to that root folder, and import from there.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 12, 2011 10:51 AM   in reply to rufusclyde

Panasonic's HD Writer transfers a folder of video files in a somewhat different format that what's on the card

Then it's probably best not to use that software.  Just use Windows Explorer or Finder to do the copying.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points