Skip navigation
thomkreg
Currently Being Moderated

Photoshop file not visible when opened.

Dec 12, 2011 12:18 PM

Hello,

I have a somewhat strange issue with opening a .psd file.

The file consists of 3 layers, some created in illustrator and then painted in photoshop. The file opens and displays absolutely perfectly on my mac, however, when I send it to the clien they have reported back that when they open the file themselves, all they see is a blank image. Ive tried resaving and resending the file, but the problem still persists.

Any help would be mssively appriciated as I'm on a tight deadline!

Thanks again!

Tom.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 12, 2011 12:21 PM   in reply to thomkreg

What application are they using to view the file?

And can they open any other documents on their system?  Have they updated the video card drivers on their system (from the GPU maker, not Microsoft)?

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 12, 2011 12:42 PM   in reply to thomkreg

If they're not seeing the document - something is very wrong on their end.

Are they using the same version of Photoshop, or maybe a much older version?

Have they tried disabling OpenGL drawing (because GL driver bugs can lead to "blank" document windows)?

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 13, 2011 9:10 PM   in reply to thomkreg

>> When they are opening it their end, they say that image is 72dpi and all layers have been flattened.

That sounds like they might be opening the file in another image editor that doesn't understand layers or metadata.

What file format are you sending them?

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 14, 2011 12:31 AM   in reply to Chris Cox

Tom,

Are you by any chance using Apple's Mail program to send the files?  If so, try making an archive of the files (zipping them) and send them a ".zip" file instead.  Alternatively, use a free service such as http://www.yousendit.com to transfer the files.

Apple's Mail does all kind of things to image files, including downsizing them.

Wo Tai Lao Le

我太老了

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 14, 2011 7:46 AM   in reply to Tai Lao

Good advice for all Adobe products and all emails. I zip everything except PDFs. Takes two seconds and takes out any email variables.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points