Skip navigation
bulajap1
Currently Being Moderated

Permanently deactivate or suspend activation

Dec 12, 2011 1:42 PM

Hi everyone....

I have an old computer with CS5 installed on it.  I am afraid that my computer may die before I buy a new one and I will lose an activation.

What is the difference between permanently deactivate and suspend activation?  I would like to deactive CS5 on the old computer before losing an activation. Which option do I choose?

thank you

Joe

Replies
  • Noel Carboni
    23,480 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Dec 12, 2011 2:16 PM   in reply to bulajap1

If you're permanently not going to be using the old computer, I believe the proper choice would be to Permanently Deactivate that installation, but it really doesn't matter that much if no one tries to activate Photoshop again on that system.

Hover over the buttons to see the difference.  The "Suspend" button just avoids wiping the serial number off the computer.

-Noel

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,480 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Dec 12, 2011 5:07 PM   in reply to bulajap1

I believe you would not lose an activation, and that "Suspend" just keeps your serial number handy and puts it in the field by default in case you want to activate the installation again without typing it in again.  In the latter case, you'd have to type it in again.  I think the whole difference is a little convenience.

-Noel

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points