Skip navigation
ux_gal_SF
Currently Being Moderated

Working Form prototype in Fireworks

Dec 15, 2011 8:39 AM

Hi-

I am totally new to Fireworks and working my way through the tutorials. One aspect that my team is really interested in is rapid prototyping which Fireworks seems to have great possibilities. Specifically we would like to rapidly prototype forms. I have been able to create a  very simple form where the drop down menu displays items upon rollover. However, we would also like to have the input fields, radio buttons etc at least appear to be interactive during usability testing. Obviously we wouldn't expect to submit the data to a database, but is this possible in Fireworks?

The only route I hadn't tried was using Flex components to create the form. Is that where my answer lies perhaps?

Thanks so much for the insight.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 20, 2011 12:46 AM   in reply to ux_gal_SF

Hi,

no you can not do that, Adobe Fireworks  make screen graphics. To submit and receive datas to a database you must to use a language like PHP, ASPX.....

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 3, 2014 8:51 AM   in reply to ux_gal_SF

You can do this by adding a slice and using HTML in that slice. Add the slice and then look in the Properties panel where you'll see a the Type field. Choose HTML for the type and then you'll see a Edit button below the Type field. Click the Edit button and you'll get a small popup where you can type in HTML. For example <input type="text" name="formField1">. I've seen people put things like jQuery controls in this way.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points