Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

PhotoShop CS5 - Save As Won't Window

Dec 16, 2011 10:33 AM

Tags: #photoshop #cs5 #save #window #as

I am on Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit SP1 and running PS CS5 12.0.4. When saving a file using 'Save As' I can no longer "window" the screen image, it always opens "full-screen" and can't be resized. I can see the hash-marks in the lower right-hand corner, but they disappear after trying to resize the window.

Double-click the picture to see full size:

PS_CS5_Save_As.jpg

Both Illustrator CS5 and InDesign CS5 'Save As' dialogue windows can be resized, it's just happening with PS CS5. I tried opening PS with CTRL+ALT+Shift to reset the preferences file, but it didn't fix the problem.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 16, 2011 11:29 AM   in reply to trshaner

When saving a file using 'Save As' I can no longer "window" the screen image, it always opens "full-screen" and can't be resized.

Does that mean that it did work, but now does not?

If it used to work, then something has changed. The trick is to find out what it was.

First thing that I check, whenever I have a GUI display issue, is whether there is an update for my video adapter's driver. PS interfaces more closely with the video driver, than some other programs. Simple things, such as OS updates, can render a video driver obsolete, and can cause all sorts of issues. What make/model card do you have? What is the number/date of your installed video driver?

Hope that it is as simple as going to the ATI/AMD, or nVidia Web site, and downloading, then installing a new driver.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 16, 2011 11:59 AM   in reply to trshaner

I think this is an OS thing.  Check the folder options with Windows Exporer and see what you see.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 16, 2011 2:21 PM   in reply to trshaner

Glad that you found the culprit there, and thanks for posting. It will likely help another user in the future.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points