Skip navigation
Bogoljubow
Currently Being Moderated

Export an Unrendered Sequence?

Dec 18, 2011 6:25 AM

Which way leads to best export results:

1. I do a complete render of the sequence inside Premiere Pro. After this final render I export the sequence directly or via AME.

2. I do not render anything, no audio or video (and I do not care about red lines). I export the unrendered sequence directly or via AME.

All the best and thank you very much for your input.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 18, 2011 6:42 AM   in reply to Bogoljubow

Dont care about those red lines...

Typically you will have set the "Preview Render Files" to something NOT so ideal for Mastering (Makes for faster Previews)

So when you render out you wil definitely NOT want PPRO to use those (if inferior) previews to be part of the final results..

Example... You may wanna make your final render into ProRes 422.. But you have set yout preview files to be made in H264 or iframes.

Those are highly compressed already and you dont wanna recompress those... Delete ALL preview files prior to rendering your master that way you make sure that

premiere uses the original source media ! Can take a little longer but thats the sure way !

After that, I would open the Export Media Dialog, do the settings and hit "Queue" that will open AME and while that is rendering you can continue to work inside of PPRO !

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 18, 2011 6:45 AM   in reply to Bogoljubow

If you can view your sequence to make sure its what you want without rendering, then you dont need to render  have a choice of 2 ways to export.. You can export directly from PrP (which always uses AME) and if you have the Nvidia CUDA card it will speed up certain items. You can also add it to the AME render que, which will free up PrP to do other things. But it doesnt take advantage of CUDA processing from the Nvidia card at all.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 18, 2011 6:41 PM   in reply to Bogoljubow

If you uncheck Use Previews, then it doesn't matter whether or not you render first.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 18, 2011 6:42 PM   in reply to lasvideo

You can also add it to the AME render que...But it doesnt take advantage of CUDA processing from the Nvidia card at all.

It actually does, for most things.  Seems only some scaling operations are unavailable for acceleration when going to the queue (probably something to do with interlacing), but all other effects are fully accelerated using the queue.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 18, 2011 7:29 PM   in reply to Jim Simon

I stand corrected.

Steve Hoeg (Adobe) - "Queued exports through AME are GPU accelerated, even if Premiere Pro is running.".

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 19, 2011 9:41 AM   in reply to lasvideo

Yeah, that's how I found out, too.  We had bad info at first, and Steve corrected it.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points