I have created a sequence and want to export it. When I got to File-->Export, I got a message, "Offline material is present in this export and will be encoded using the Offline Media graphic." I clicked OK and the export started. Two hours later it ended but there was no file (.mov) to be found. I don't know what offlilne material is being referenced. I have looked at each clip and can find no problem. All of the clips appera to be online. Can anyone help me to find the offending "ofline material"?
"Off line" according to some on members this forum refers to low rez files used in editing instead of original source files.
But in your case...Adobe refers to it as files that are not linked and located by the Project
Go through the project bin where you imported your source files and there is a column that will tell you which files are "off line".
You need to locate and link to them.
I have looked at all of the clips in the Project Bin and none is marked as "offline." (Is there a specific column somewhere that contains the "ofline" indicator because I don't see it as I look in the bin. The columns that I do see are "Name," "Label, "Frame Rate," etc.) Also I have gone through the sequence clip-by-clip with the timeline indicator and all of the clips are visible.
This ARTICLE covers some common reasons for Media Offline. I'd eliminate those first, and then, if nothing applies to your Project, list the Sequence Preset, the location of your Assets, and the I/O setup of your computer.
I'm using Adobe Premiere CC, Message: "offline material is present in this export and will be encoded using the offline media graphic" suddenly appeared when I re-output a project 2nd time a few day later. I've checked the offline file and replaced/relinked the footage (which output by AE) but get an ERROR message (which no problem before) . Later I found out that this problem is causing by FILE NAME (red ribbon.caption.mov <--with a "." in between file name), so I've shortened the file name and replaced footage again, than the problem solved. The output time is shortened compared to 1st output, 1st output need 2 hours so I didn't finished it, but with no error file/file name, 2nd output only spent less than 1 hours.
The "offline" colum is hidden in Project bin, u just need to:
1. right click mouse right beside "Name" and open "Metadata Display".
2. Search "offline", and choose "Offline Properties".
3. Offline colum at behind, u might need to close some options which you don't need to see it.